$88
$65
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

$79
$264
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnaturist hotelpalm treesround bathvera playapool areaanimation teamwater volleyballrelaxed atmospheresun loungersin fairnessthe grillprevious yearsevening entertainment isplenty of sunbedssheets and towelshotel animationpistol shooting
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Having stayed at several hotels with either a 'naturist zone' or 'clothing optional beach' this was the first naturist resort and I was concerned about booking Vera Playa Club hotel due to some of the negative statements that had been posted on TripAdvisor

However! I was very happy with my stay and unclear why the negative comments had been made.

OVERALL LOOK OF HOTEL: think it is fair to say that some aesthetic features are somewhat dated (tiled headboard in room) however it is evident that the hotel is being improved with the terracotta sections being changed to architect grey (not complete yet) including reception. But undoubtedly the hotel is spotlessly clean!! With staff cleaning all day!!

ROOM: I booked a standard single room(room 305) not one that has been renovated. The room was spotlessly clean yes by modern standards it was dated in respect to tiling but why would this be an issue!? Bathroom is has a big round bath! My only issue is the TV (not that the only English speaking channels are sky news and CNN, get out and enjoy the resort) but at 6ft 2 I lost count how many times I hit my head on it! (Yes surely I should have learnt after the first).

The bed was definitely 'firm' but not uncomfortable.

The air con was a definite plus and in most hotels I turn it off through the night due to the noise but this was quiet enough to leave on.

FOOD: I found the breakfast and evening meal to be plentiful with enough choice especially as I'm veggie (well Pescatarian at a push).

Breakfast offered all types of cereal and a selection of hot dishes. My only feedback would be that fried eggs should be cooked on the left hand side and bacon on the right (or separate grill) for the benefit of veggies.

Evening meal offered a huge choice of salad and other cold dishes, a hot selection of foods plus the grill (fish and meat). A good selection of deserts as well as Crepes! :-)

LANGUAGE: reception staff were friendly and spoke good English. The animation team also appeared to speak English when announcing games/events. All other staff were very friendly and helpful whether they spoke English or not.

POOL: the pool area was immaculate, can't see where people thought the pool needed cleaning!? Every evening the staff would rearrange all the beds. The pool area was cleaned (especially as the palms were in flower).

The indoor pool was a little less clean but this was because residents were coming in straight from the beach without showering.

Do not understand the criticism that the pool is not available after 8pm. This is normal for most European hotels to allow for cleaning (Chlorination) and the fact there is no lifeguard after this time.

Yes people were reserving loungers, but it was not one specific nationality as there were plenty of Brits doing the same! But also there wasn't an issue getting a lounger at most times anyway.

BEACH: nothing to do with the hotel but it is fair to say the beach could do with a clean. In other resorts a machine is used to pick up bits etc but this should be the local government. However it should be noted its not a 'fine sand beach' some sections are but it appears to be up to the tide!! Between days it could be sand, sharp sand or pebbles! BUT not a criticism of the hotel

ANIMATION: whilst not for me, the kids seemed to love the team! But also lots of adults joining in with water volley ball etc. Which in fairness to the animation team did nude as well

INTERNATIONAL: When I stayed at the hotel there appeared to be a fair mix of nationalities. In fact a lot of Brits but a fair coverage of most nationalities which makes for a better environment in my book! No one nationality was favoured over another on my visit.

Overall I had a relaxing holiday! I think the hotel is well set up and has a lot to offer and could take advantage more commercially such as some form of pool service (drinks etc) but at the same time it has a very laid back atmosphere which I liked so maybe not! :-)

The most important question is would I return!? Well simple answer is yes!
Will undoubtedly return at some point and I would encourage anyone that wants to go to a naturist resort to consider Vera Playa Club!

Thanks for a great holiday. :-)

Room Tip: The restaurant has an offer on beer/soft drinks to have free refills whilst you are having your meal (you have to ask for the offer)
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
8  Thank relaxingdragon
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear guest,

We thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your impressions with other readers. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our service. We would be pleased to welcome you back at our hotel.

Diego J. González
Genera Manager

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Hotel

Beautiful hotel and courteous staff but strange rules and policies. We were there in June and it remained light until around 9:30pm. The pool is beautifully lit but it can not be used after 8:00pm. Both the outdoor and indoor pools close at 8:00pm every night. Nothing happens until 10:30 when they play loud Club Music in the pool area until midnight. We had one of the many rooms with a balcony looking out over the pool. When we were out on the balcony the music is so loud we needed to shout at each other in order to have a conversation. We could not sleep until the music stopped. Many nights after 11:00pm there was a handful of guests listening to music. I asked at the desk why they would play such loud music to entertain a small group of guests while they irritated a much larger number who were trying to sleep. I was told, "Sorry, we play music until midnight every night." The need to follow policy seems to be more important than the needs of their guests. We would not recommend this to hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the pool will allow you to avoid the loud music every night.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tampabay14

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.

Concerning your comment about the loud sound system of the entertainment program, we would like to inform you, that we approve your opinion. It is a constant dispute with the entertainers and the live music bands, because they perceive the voice level as too low. We believe, it is a general matter and difficult to resolve . We regret very much, that we have not fulfilled your needs during your stay.

We will bear your impressions in mind and we will work in improving the marked points in order that in a next visit your perception of the products received is totally satisfactory. We sincerely hope you will give us a new chance to attend you in the future and we are at your full disposal at any time.

Diego J. González

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Hotel is not bad but a bit tired and could do with a refurbishment . The first thing that they need to do is change tv to flat screen ones and also a bit bigger than the 18" ones they have now. The hotel clearly caters mostly for German customers as there were numerous channels in German but only 2 news channels in English.
Another point is the usual practice of putting towels on deck chairs from 6 in the morning, Pure German practice.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan O
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Only through the comments of our guests, we are able to know about their experiences.

Concerning your comment about putting towels on deck chairs at the pool area, we inform you, that in every pool we have one sign of norms in big dimension and with explaining pictures. Further we dispose about life- guards during the opening time and our instructions are based in fulfilling these norms.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

This hotel does not meet its four star rating I'm afraid. The food is very poor quality particularly evening meal and breakfast is same every day. Swimming pool is cold but refreshing although could do with the bottom of the pool being kept cleaner. Entertainment nearly all done in Spanish and hotel staff do not speak very much English.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank mollies14

Dear guest,

Our ultimate aim is to give our guests even greater comfort than they may find AT HOME. We will bear your impressions in mind and we will work in improving the marked points in order that in a next visit your perception of the products received is totally satisfactory.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

We are in the last day of a 2 week holiday at Vera Playa Club, spent in one of the seaward apartments - definitely the best accommodation in the place.
On the positive side the weather has been terrific, and we have been naked almost all the time. The sea is now comfortably warm and the beach is great. Though it is early season, most things are open now, but it is not really crowded yet. It is perfectly OK to be naked throughout the large 'Naturista' urbanisations surrounding the hotel, and in about 50% of the restaurants, cafes and bars if you want to. The naturist ambiance in the hotel is good, up to 8pm when everyone gets dressed, though not everywhere. The staff are good and work hard to make the stay enjoyable.
On the negative side, the hotel is beginning to look a bit dated. Typical of the hurried and low budget building in Spain of the 1960 -2000s it needs a lot of maintenance, but sadly the maintenance is also rather low budget/low skilled and the result often looks a bit DIY. The result is a lot of cracked tiles, dodgy plumbing, doors which don't quite fit, wobbly paintwork,  and so on. The overall result is a place which is OK, and homely, but not the 4 star it claims to be, and which it is priced at. Similarly the food is good, plentiful and wholesome, but not what I'd call 4 star. Though the naturist experience, which most go for, is great, all of the staff remain in their various uniforms, and to a purist like me, at times you feel a bit patronised, as if you are in a bit of a theme park of naturism than in a naturally naked world. The entertainment is a bit 'hi-de-hi', but it is easily escaped from.
The surrounding urbanisations are a mixed bunch. Those around the hotel for about 2km are naturist, beyond that textile. In common with most of Spain it all demonstrates a lack of proper planning, and general construction chaos in that pretty well maintained developments are juxtaposed with rough plots and half completed abandoned buildings. The pavements are a bit of a death trap with many broken flagstones and manhole covers, and occasional strong sewer smells, and the roads are a patchwork of patches.
Overall I'd give it about 7:10, and I'd say that if they want to keep their trade into the far future they need to start investing in some fundamental maintenance now, rather than just painting over the cracks. I've been to worse places, and better ones too, and as always there is the value for money aspect, which I rate as more 3 star than 4.

Room Tip: Get a seaward facing room if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Duncaheenan

Dear guest,

We thank you for your kind feedback and sharing your impressions with other readers . We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took care of your needs. We do hope to see you again.

Yours sincerely,