“never again”
Review of Estrella Fugaz

Estrella Fugaz
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Mazunte
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Estrella Fugaz is a terraced bar-restaurant behind Rinconcito beach where you can enjoy ocean views and the sounds of waves in a cozy, intimate atmosphere. We offer breakfast served with exotic natural fruit juices and great coffee, as well as a selected choice of Mexican, international and vegetarian cuisine for lunch and dinner. At sunset, our lounge is the perfect place to unwind whilst enjoying funky tunes and a refreshing cocktail or an ice-cold beer. Follow ON facebook estrellafugazmazunte and instagram estrellafugazmazunte .
Ghent, Belgium
“never again”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

In total, it was a bad experience ...
To start with the service, the waitress forgot EVERYTHING. Our drinks, the internet code, our salad, our bill, the ashtray. Besides that, she was VERY unfriendly
Regarding the food, the pulpo was a nightmare. It was much too salty and very hard. And not cleaned good, suddenly i had a piece of head ( of the pulpo) in my mouth ...
When we asked for the bill, she brought us (after another 15 minutes) our salad at last. The manager told us, " well, she doesn't speak english" and "everybody makes mistakes". We told her that the order was made in perfect spanish. "Well, I hope the food was alright" was the answer, after wich we just left
I just can't believe the reviews for this place, It 's a mystery to me...

• Visited February 2014

Montreal, Canada
“excellent food and view”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I went for breakfast and ordered the chilaqillas with salsa verde, I also had the fresh blended "vegetal" juice. Good portion size, fresh products and great service. Very laid back, with a touch of elegance. Mexican... has happy hour everyday from 13h-18hrs. Live jazz as well some evenings.
25 fresh juices (aguas.

• Visited November 2013
Oaxaca
“Mazunte's Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I found Estrella my second day in Mazunte. It was early morning and I was on the hunt for some breakfast and coffee. They didn't dissapoint in both my requests. I had a delicious plate of mixed fruit with yogurt and a cup of organic coffee from the area. I found the atmosphere relaxed and the energy of Fugaz very chill and the music just perfect. I made it my home for lunch and dinner as well. Everything from the stuffed avocado with mahi to the fajitas were excellent. The owner was very personable and went out of his way to make you feel welcome. When in Mazunte make this place your first stop.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Kindness remembered”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food and fresh juices were beautifully prepared. But unforgettable is my exchange with Gustavo, who must manage the place, with Sergio as chef. I had eaten a lunch at Estella Fugaz, then heard live acoustic music in the evening and went up. I had only tea, but when time came to pay I had only a large bill they couldn’t accept at that time. “Come back tomorrow,” he said. Not a heroic risk for a cup of tea, but kindly and genuinely offered.

I came back in the morning for breakfast, after I had been out again to a shop to find medicine and drinks my sick husband could handle, while he stayed in bed. Gustavo came to sit at the table next to me. When I told him about my husband, he questioned me carefully about what he may have eaten, concerned that it was from anywhere in Mazunte. “One bad place gives all a bad reputation,” he said. He averred that the bad food was not from Estrella Fugazi. “I wash and disinfect the lettuce myself.” He gave advice on what to drink and eat, rice, banana, Gatorade. I agreed with what he said, and was saving the rice on my plate for that reason. Then my husband showed up, a little stronger. He started to eat my rice; Gustavo rustled up a banana too.

He showed concern for a sick stranger, for the reputation of his own restaurant and others in the town.

• Visited October 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great place!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I went to Mazunte for a weekend with 4 friends, it was the same weekend tropical storm "Manuel" entered Mexico. So since it was raining, we ended up staying in this place all afternoon, we ate- great food!!!! pasta, octopus, fish... everything was delicious. We had a couple of beers and ended up ordering every drink with a funny name there was on the menu. The staff was great, specially Gus! We liked this place so much we returned the next morning for breakfast. I really really recommend this place- great food, great service, it´s cozy and it´s right on the beach, you can contemplate the sea while having a beer and an octopus tostada, what more could you ask for?

• Visited September 2013