“Excellent facilities, Wonderful Hosts and a Great Craft Venue”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halesworth
School Farm Cottages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Claire and David provide a wonderful venue for our annual scrapbooking retreat. They are very attentive to their guest needs, literally going the extra mile to help out! The cottages are very well equipped and very clean. The tea, coffee and biscuits in each cottage are a lovely touch. Everyone in the group had a relaxing few days away, it's like home from home for us all (without the ironing and other demands of normal life!). Would highly recommend School Farm Cottages for any craft group, for groups of friends and families.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a great 3 night stay in the North Cottage. Was made to feel very welcome by Clair and David. A jug of milk, Tea and Coffee as well as delicious Chocolate Cookies made a good start.
The cottage was spotless and me and my boys felt at home. The facilties were excellent and the beds very cosy. Despite the february cold we were very warm. Spent lots of time in the Games room playing pool and table tennis. Again the equipment was in good condition and very warm. We had a plethora of excellent information including maps for walks and local tourist spots.
We could have hired bieks but just didn't have time. The village was amazingly quiet with farms all around. Will definately be back at some stage.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

On arrival Friday evening, in the cold and dark, Clare welcomed me as I walked from my car and showed me into my warm, cosy, and spotless accommodation for the weekend. There was everything that I needed and I felt relaxed right away.
I woke Saturday morning to a covering of snow, but was as warm as the toast I was eating for breakfast, in fact,i had had turned the heating down overnight!!
David and Claire are lovely caring hosts, always prepared to go the extra mile.
Loved the place and very happy to recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Have stayed during the winter months several times over a number of years and there is always a warm welcome both from Claire and David and from the warmth in the cottages. If the wind is howling and the rain beating a turn of the thermostat provides more than enough heat. All mod cons are present and the beds and seating are all very comfortable, which all adds up to a delightful, relaxing stay that makes a true home from home. Delightful area in the heart of the Suffolk countryside and convenient for the coast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have just returned from my fourth visit to School Farm Cottages, where I have stayed in three out of the four lovely cottages. As always, this visit was most enjoyable. The welcome is outstanding and the cottages are a joy. They are beautifully furnished and equipped and Claire and David have thought of everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The location in the peaceful Suffolk countryside is superb. I can't praise them enough.

Room Tip: Each cottage has it's own special character
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've stayed at School Farm cottages several times and each time I've breathed a sigh of satisfaction - this is going to be good. There's a welcome cosiness and, eye for delightful quality touches, that is so pleasing.. All the rooms are generously furnished, so it's just a lovely opportunity to enjoy the tranquil rural setting in the most comfortable memorable way.

Room Tip: The cottages all differ being furnished for differing requirements e.g. family, friends, disablity e...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed in three of the four cottages over the last three years, either alone or with friends, and always thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The cottages are very comfortable, a home away from home with great facilities. I love the peaceful country location, seeing the Llamas on the nearby farm and driving over to Southwold for coffee/lunch on the pier. The owners, David and Claire, are super friendly too!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Been to School Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!