Edwards
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Halesworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Edwards is a small family run eatery right in the middle of Halesworth, serving traditional homemade lunches cakes and pastries all food is made fresh on the premises, we offer a large selection of Gluten Free and free wifi. We also have a alcohol licences. We now serve food all day on Thursdays 12pm till 7.30pm.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having read the reviews of Edwards, I was surprised that there aren't more mentions of it's gluten-free menu. I cannot eat wheat and eating out is often a challenge but not here. I often travel from Lowestoft to Edwards just to have the wonderful gluten-free vegetable lasagne, something I've never seen before on any restaurant menu. I was also surprised to be offered a choice of brown or white bread when ordering a toastie - it's usually white or nothing. They also do gluten-free yorkshire puds with their Sunday roast as well as a selection of desserts and cake.
I would advise anyone to book in advance if going on a summer lunchtime though as it gets very busy. If you want a very nice meal in a friendly eatery and are not in a hurry or bothered about having posh decor or a scenic view, this is the place to eat in Halesworth.

1  Thank Zan190775

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a coffee and a cake whilst off to see a client in Halesworth. All the cakes looked lovelly and the coffee was perfect. The service was quick and efficient and I had a chat with the owners, what nice people.

Next week I was back, more coffee and cake, this time sitting outside "cafe" style watching the world go by.

So each time I am in Halesworth I go for a coffee at Edwards.

1  Thank Sirqty
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I regularly go to Edwards for breakfast and lunch! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a fantastic environment to eat! All cooked to perfection!
Thank you! Keep up the good work! xx

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I work at the local bank in halesworth and regularly visit Edwards for lunch an will ring up in the morning to book my order and they will have it ready for when my lunch break begins, they do amazing sandwiches ad jacket potatoes which are done to perfection just how I like it and not overly expensive they are very good value for the service they provide to customers, when I'm serving customers in the bank I will recommend going to Edwards as iv had my lunch so many times before and will recommend to everyone else! The best part about Edwards is the fresh homemade cakes they are divine! My favourite is the chocolate brownie and I also love the shortbread, will have to restrain myself or i will buy the lot! The owners are such friendly lovely people and the staff who work there really make you feel welcomed they treat you like a human being not just a paying customer! They are such lovely people and they are interested in what you have to say and care alot about their customers who use Edwards and I would always recommend Edwards as they are just perfect!

1  Thank JessYoung1
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thank you to everyone at Edwards for a fantastic lunch. My friends and I usually come in for your great breakfasts, best by far in the area but today we came in for lunch.
The omelettes my friends had they said were the best omelettes they had every had, accompanied with chips and a lovely side salad. I had scampi which was cooked to perfection. The specials today were Roast chicken which smelt divine and Egg & Bacon flan.
For dessert we had double chocolate cheesecake, homemade at Edwards and it was too good to put words to it, divine just doesn't do it justice.
Anyone looking for GREAT food at sensible prices should take a trip to Edwards. Don't know if booking would be advisable as nearly all tables were booked this lunchtime but definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Sandra D