“A friendly, family run animal centre.”
Review of Oasis Camel Park

Oasis Camel Park
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Halesworth
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It felt like walking around someone's back garden and playing with theirs pets. Ok it is an extremely large back garden and a camel is not a normal pet but you could tell that this is their life. Donkeys, goats, horses, birds, alpacas, pigs, llamas and camels. As well as a barn with small animals which you can handled supervised. We also saw week old rabbits and held a ferret. A fantastic day out for adults and children a like. Food was good quality and reasonable priced. Well worth a visit, this is their life not just a business. We will be returning.

2  Thank magicnumbers

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We ventured off into what felt like the middle of nowhere down these little country lanes and were totally thrilled with the whole experience. If you want a commercialised, impersonal day out then don't come here. It is a family run business by people that care about all these animals here. We got to meet sonny the camel, hold rabbits, ferrets and guinea pigs and have a knowledgeable person telling us about them. I mean where else can you pay £8.00 per person and get to meet and feed alpacas, llamas, camels, goats, sheep and donkeys? The cafe area is small and the food is all hand made as you order. The menu is fab and you can sit inside or out and know what has been put in your food. The toilet is adequate and clean. We didn't use the play area as we spent as much time with the animals as we could. My 3 year old enjoyed it and said it was the best day out ever.
I don't get how people can be negative about this place. It is an outdoor family run attraction. If it has been raining of course it will be muddy outside - that is not the fault of the owner!! People were pushing buggies around and I heard no one complain. Seriously what do you expect. If they made any changes to the way that it is it would take away so much of the experience. Take your time to see these animals and enjoy a friendly day out.

4  Thank ContentedTraveller33
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I took my family, wife, sons 14 and 7 and daughter 12, to the camel centre on a friends recommendation. I have to say that this is the first time I've done one of these reviews but we were so pleased with our day out that I thought I would give it a try. The camel centre is different to most of the other attractions we have visited. It all seems so natural, just an old fashioned farm with lots of original hedges encouraging black birds, lots of chaffinches and we even saw a kingfisher. The paths on the farm are grass and I imagine could be a bit wet and muddy in rainy weather but it was fine when we were there. With the weather we have had this year I would suggest reasonable footwear or wellies if you visit on a rainy day. This place is defiantly not a concrete jungle, and as well as the wild birds we spotted cow slips and wild rabbits which added to the natural feel. We originally planned to be at the centre for a couple of ours but ended up staying all day as there were so many things to do apart from seeing all the animals. The cuddle a pet sessions were very popular - our kids went both times. The highlight of the day for me was meeting a camel up close and having a photo taken with him. There was also crazy golf, a land train ride, a maze and several play areas. To round the day off our two teenagers had their first ever camel ride and we took our youngest for a walk with a couple of llamas! (you do have to pay extra for these two activities). Our kids haven't stopped talking about their day there yet and we will go again in the next school holiday.

6  Thank Casso_07
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We took our 2 years old and 6 month old grandsons to this attraction. We had to wait out on the road as the gate did not open until dead on 10.30am, the road was a typical country lane and passing cars were having trouble getting past, when we finally got in we then had to wait for the door to open to get in the place. We wish we had of gone at that point as it was the worst days we have had in a long time. The lady took the money and we paid for pet food, as soon as we entered the park the smell hits you, you are walking in animal droppings & straw, now we go to a lot of parks and this is the first we have had this, all parks these days are usually clean & well kept especially when you have young children. Our grandson wanted a drink, we found the cafe, no one in sight to serve because the only person there was taking entrance money, hence we did not get a drink, the brochure we picked up for this attraction is not true, it looks like a lovely well kept clean place with lots for children to do, do not be fooled by the indoor play area in the brochure, this is a corner of a cold room with a few plastic balls shoved in a box. We stayed just under an hour and then left, we were fed up with walking through animal poo and mud. I know you would expect to get this at an animal attraction but this seemed excessive and really needs to be updated and staff put in, it was a bit like faulty towers.

3  Thank ashby64
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We believe that as they are is the same area roughly, that it is only fair to compare Oasis with Easton Farm Park (EFP), near Woodbridge Suffolk.

Oasis is very old fashioned with sub-standard toilets, cafe, surfaces and buildings.

I heard one lady say "It's not very buggy friendly here is it" - so I suggest with all the mud and bad surfaces not great for prams or wheelchairs.

EFP however is covered with concrete walkways around the farm so is far better and with the new toilets and indoor playbarns EFP wins hands down.

The only things of moderate interest at Oasis were - the camels !!

5  Thank geocachegang