“Visually stunning, very comfortable & friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Belle Grove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Halesworth
Belle Grove
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Visually stunning, very comfortable & friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Last weekend i had the pleasure of staying at Belle Grove and I was blown away.
We were a party of about 17 and we had 4 of the barns. It worked well as a large party and we ducked in and out of each others houses but i would be equally happy to rent just one barn for a family holiday.
I've stayed in many luxury barns, cottages etc around the UK, but nothing quite like this. The photos on the website are incredible but nothing quite prepares you for the detail. Absolutely everywhere you look there is something beautiful to look at - pieces from Africa, India...all over but not in a contrived 'oh haven't we travelled lots' kind of way just a really lovely eye for beautiful things.
There were luxury chocolates, champagne and flowers in each house, which made us feel so welcome and when we left there was nobody tutting and pointing at their watches (quite the opposite), which is so refreshing.
I've recommended Belle Grove to many in past week! I'll be going back for sure :o)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
So glad to know that you all had a good time and enjoyed your surroundings. Delighted to welcome you here again sometime.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked all five barns for a long weekend in January 2014 to celebrate my 40th birthday with a group of 15 friends. Having seen photographs of the interiors I was expecting a lot but when I walked in my jaw dropped. It continued to drop as I walked from barn to barn. This place is seriously amazing. Each barn is decorated in an eclectic style with deep rich colours and sumptuous luxury. Everything you could possibly need has been provided and its all top spec. The bed was so comfortable I could've spent the whole weekend in it. I really enjoyed giving each of my guests the tour and hearing the 'wows' and 'oohs'. Everyone was just blown away.

Each barn has its own little courtyard garden which were magical despite the January rain that had washed away all the grass. The grounds are littered with unexpected objects, like an old sports car, which protrude mysteriously from the undergrowth and I can only imagine how wonderful this must be in the summer months. But the weather was no deterrent, in fact we thoroughly enjoyed eating our meal on the Saturday night while watching the lightening and listening to the wind. We had the log fire going and the underfloor heating kept us nice and toasty.

Every little detail has been thought of. When we arrived we found each barn had a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates and my fridge had a bottle of champagne to help celebrate my birthday.

I also loved the Emporium which is a little on-site shop that sells all sorts of things like jewellery, fabrics, pictures, lamps etc. I must've spent a couple of hours in there having a good mooch and ended up buying a mirror and a tapestry as well as a few small bits & pieces.

Jo was very friendly and gave me the tour on arrival. I only met Nick briefly as I was leaving but he stopped for a chat about the barns and his house which is unique to say the least :)

I really can't recommend Belle Grove enough. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday and I adored the place. Its even given me some interior design ideas for my own home. As a group we definitely hope to return sometime in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kevin C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We just got back from a short break at the Gate House. Having seen all the five star reviews we wondered if it would live up to expectations but it absolutely did. From the moment we walked in we were blown away by the stunning decor and attention to detail. It's full of trinkets and hand chosen furniture that would look completely out of place in our north London maisonette but go together in the barns to create an almost magical atmosphere. The kitchen is very well equipped and despite it being the middle of winter, between the underfloor heating and wood burning stove, we were very warm and cosy. The red bedroom in particular is stunning and so comfortable that it was hard to get up in the mornings. What's great is that as well as looking beautiful, everything is also luxurious and easy to use. Jo and Nick have done a wonderful job and their own house, also on site, is a truly special sight to behold!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AJ183
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to post your experience of Belle Grove. It's good to know that you enjoyed your stay even in the Suffolk winter (which does provide the perfect excuse for snuggling up in front of the fire of course!)
Gryon, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

On arrival at Belle Grove, one could instantly tell that great care and thought had gone into our arrival, there are provisions laid out to welcome you with lots of extras! Things that make you think: "That is a really nice thing to have waiting for you.." warmth and comfort is all around. It is possibly the nicest place we have ever stayed, When looking for somewhere to stay with a family it is quite a challenge, but staying at Belle Grove was effortless everything we needed was there and help or advice was always at hand (if needed) A short drive from shops with plentiful information about the local area,what to do, where to go highlights etc. Its not like staying anywhere else its truly unique and memorable!
When traveling with a Family, this place is a welcome break. We left Westhall relaxed and exited to return to belle grove next time. My wife and I work in hospitality and are frequently a little let down by places we stay but Belle Grove is truly a well run,clean and beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Gate House,this was a perfect size for a couple with a baby perfect size bath every...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
It's especially gratifying to satisfy people who are in 'hospitality' themselves so thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on any future jaunts to Suffolk!
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Belle Grove is an amazing hideaway in Suffolk. Close to Halesworth and Southwold but in its own little world. We have stayed in both the Upper Barn and the Granary and both are fabulous and luxurious. In both we had our own walled garden and total privacy. All you could want in a holiday home and more. The owners cannot do enough for you but also leave you in peace. The whole place is like something out of The Hobbit - it is beautiful, it even has a dragon on the roof!
The accommodation itself is amazingly set out with all the little luxuries you could want. The bedding is incredible - so soft. The bathrooms are beautiful, and supplied with huge soft fluffy towels. There are loads of DVD's, games and books along with a great wide screen TV and DVD player.
Our hosts left us fresh flowers - you could smell the lilies throughout the house, wine and a box of chocolates - so generous and so lovely.
I can't recommend Belle Grove enough. We have been twice and will definitely be going back.
Its is an amazing place, magical and not just for children!

Room Tip: The Upper Barm is good for larger families and also has a downstairs bedroom if you have difficulty...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We do believe that 'hospitality' should be about giving a genuinely enjoyable stay experience so thankyou Catherine for your very kind remarks and we're glad you were comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you again down the track.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having looked at the website periodically for several months before our trip to Belle Grove, during the last mile of our journey the sense of excitement and anticipation increased. We entered the grounds and arrived at The Stable and were absolutely overwhelmed with the whole place. The owners Jo and Nick have done a marvellous job on this conversion, the decor, the furniture, the accessories are all very vibrant and eclectic but just blend and gel together perfectly. Exceptionally equipped the property provided for very need. Attention paid to every last detail. The instruction/information pack was very detailed, suggestions for pubs, restaurants and days out we're even printed separately and laminated, enabling us to take them in the car with us. Indeed their own house was out of this world, and that was only from the outside!!
We can certainly recommend Belle Grove for a holiday.
The only criticism is that I couldn't mount the whole place on wheels and transport it up the A1 to Yorkshire for myself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
So pleased to know that we lived up to expectations and you felt it worth the trip from wonderful Yorkshire. Think you must be a mascot for sunny weather so do come again!
Hertfordshire, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend stay at the Gate House at Belle Grove. In all my years of travelling this has to be one of the most fantastic place I've been lucky enough to stay in. Situated in the countryside a couple of miles from Halesworth and 8 miles from Southwold it's like entering a different world when you pass through the gates. Your first glimpse is of the family home which in itself is an awesome sight - how many homes do you know that have a dragon on the roof?! Think Lord of the Rings or Hobbit and you get an idea of the scale and style. As to our accommodation the wow factor just didn't stop - you drive along a little lane and over a pond via a delightful bridge and the converted barns are in front of you. We were staying in a one bedroom property, the Gate House, and I can honestly say it nearly brought tears of joy to our eyes. An incredibly romantic place where the attention to detail is simply awesome. No expense has been spared in the design and layout and decor. Being self catering the kitchen is fully equipped and being a keen cook I loved the range cooker!

The living area is very cosy and comfortable, with everything you could want - wood burning fire, tv, DVD player, Bose sound system and a plethora of books, DVDs and board games. A patio door opens onto a lovely courtyard garden, totally private and with a view of the owners house and said dragon!

Upstairs the bedroom has to be one of the most romantic rooms I've ever seen, - exposed beams, four poster bed and exquisite soft furnishings - the bed is very very comfortable and it was a struggle to get out of in the mornings!! The bathroom was equally as good - with a double ended bath and excellent shower.

As with any accommodation a place can only be as good as the people who run it and here again Belle Grove excels! Jo is a wonderful host and made our stay so enjoyable - we were made to feel really welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble and we had a lovely chat one afternoon.

The attention to detail is amazing - on arrival there was a bottle of chilled wine in the fridge, milk, tea, coffee and a luxury box of Belgium chocolates! Oh and freshly picked flowers were there to greet us too. There is nothing that was overlooked.

We took our dog with us and even he became so chilled there - amazing!

Thank you Jo and Nick for sharing such an amazing place - we will definitely be back - and if you are looking for a special place to just relax and chill - then don't hesitate to book here - go on you deserve it!,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
josamaki, Owner at Belle Grove, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
How kind of you to write so positively about your 'Belle Grove Experience'! That's a lot to live up to mind but we'll certainly continue to give it our best. Glad that you found 'Speedy' too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Halesworth
The Old Rectory B&B
#6 of 6 in Halesworth
Buckland House
Buckland House
#1 of 1 in Ilketshall St Lawrence

Been to Belle Grove? Share your experiences!