Stayed for one night in their Grand Double in Nov 2013.
Have dined at this inn many times and adore the food, especially their New Inn burger (see my other reviews), but got the chance to stay here too. Room was £85 without breakfast which was nice they offered an option to have breakfast added or not as I never usually get to have breakfast so would prefer not to pay for it.
Booked Grand Double room which had amazing views on village and St Thomas church and graveyard and memorial. The village is very quiet so noise isn't a problem. Had lovely french antique bed, sofa with lounge area, modern en-suite shower-room (with toiletries) and dressing table area. Amazingly quaint old bay window seat. Lots of comfy cushions make it feel like a home from home..but better than your own home. Could have stayed forever.
There's parking onsite and restaurant is open all day so handy for lunch or dinner. Staff as always are brilliant. Could not recommend it enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warmest of welcomes awaits you at the New Inn. This 18th century coaching inn in the ancient town of Winchelsea offers beautiful boutique letting rooms, delicious traditional British pub food including local specialities, real ales, a great selection of international wines and spirits, plus a log fire in the winter and an extensive beer garden for light snacks in the summer. We are also dog and child friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Inn Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Inn Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- New Inn Winchelsea East Sussex