We stayed at the hotel as our friend had a 40th birthday party there. The room was basic but warm and very clean, the beds comfortable, the children slept past 8 am which was fantastic. Felt reassuring that the car was underneath in the carport and not in the main car park. The party was fantastic and the food was excellent. The breakfast was good, a good choice for the continental breakfast, the cooked breakfast was also good. The croissants were certainly not soggy! Yes there are limited tv channels but we didn't stay there to watch tv in our room. The children were made more than welcome and the staff couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely stay again if we were in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Winchelsea offers its guests the perfect base to explore the beautiful 1066 countryside and historic sites. Situated between Rye and Hastings with ample free onsite parking. There are fantastic walks from our doorstep including the ‘1066 country walk’. 28 modern en-suite guest rooms, bar and restaurant, free wi-fi and free parking. Room price includes continental breakfast. The contemporary restaurant is open seven days a week serving a wide range of delicious dishes, including an excellent carvery every Sunday. Our menu changes to reflect the seasons and offers dishes for all tastes and budgets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Lodge at Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- Winchelsea Hotel East Sussex
- Winchelsea Motel East Sussex
- The Lodge At Winchelsea East Sussex