We found this venue when looking for a small and intimate location for our wedding. On meeting Mary the owner and discussing our vision we were immediately at ease and just knew it was the place for us. Over the coming months nothing was too much trouble for Mary and all our questions and needs were fully catered for.
I could go on and on but needless to say we got exactly what we hoped and wished for. The food over the 3 days for our party of 30 was outstanding (my new wife is an ex chef) quirky accommodation left everyone speechless with the attention to detail flawless. Being a bit of a born organiser it was lovely to just turn up and leave everything to Mary and her team who couldn't do enough for us. The best way I can explain the ambience is like getting married in your own home without any of the hassle or worry.
A massive thanks to Mary and come see this place it's will blow you away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm Welcome to a Luxury Bed and Breakfast RyeStrand House Guest House Rye is the home of Mary Sullivan and Hugh Davie, a luxury bed and breakfast near Rye. Strand House offers quiet, relaxed and calm surroundings for you to savour and enjoy. Its sense of history makes it a unique house to escape to. Your hosts Mary and Hugh provide a brand of hospitality that will make a short stay feel like a holiday and a holiday like home from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand House Hotel Winchelsea
- Strand House Winchelsea, East Sussex