We booked two rooms and our one night stay was almost perfect. The positives for Strand House are: comfortable, clean, quiet, charming, friendly and helpful staff. The negatives for me in particular were the very small bathroom in our room, Inglenook, and the number of cushions, throws and knickknacks throughout the house - it's charming enough as it is and it felt over-styled.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, Mary made some special toast shapes for our two year old grandson which was very thoughtful.
Location is great for exploring the Rye and Winchelsea area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm Welcome to a Luxury Bed and Breakfast RyeStrand House Guest House Rye is the home of Mary Sullivan and Hugh Davie, a luxury bed and breakfast near Rye. Strand House offers quiet, relaxed and calm surroundings for you to savour and enjoy. Its sense of history makes it a unique house to escape to. Your hosts Mary and Hugh provide a brand of hospitality that will make a short stay feel like a holiday and a holiday like home from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Strand House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand House Hotel Winchelsea
- Strand House Winchelsea, East Sussex