We stayed here with our 3 kids in October for 2 nights and enjoyed it very much. As we took the tunnel to get to the UK the Strand House was in easy access from Folkstone, not even 1 hour. We wanted to stay somewhere close to the beach as we like walking around a bit. So ideal located. We booked dinner for our night of arrival. The kids got their dinner a bit in advance in the lounge, which was very delicous. So when our dinner was served the kids were already in bed and watching some TV. So my husband and I had a nice dinner for ourselves. The "restaurant" was well booked. The food was good.
While I made the booking I already asked for a birthday cake for our oldest son on sunday. He turned 10. When we came down for breakfast a wonderful cake was placed on our table, with candles and everything. Really nice and he was so happy as he didn't expected anything.
We enjoyed it very much. Just book in advance for the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm Welcome to a Luxury Bed and Breakfast RyeStrand House Guest House Rye is the home of Mary Sullivan and Hugh Davie, a luxury bed and breakfast near Rye. Strand House offers quiet, relaxed and calm surroundings for you to savour and enjoy. Its sense of history makes it a unique house to escape to. Your hosts Mary and Hugh provide a brand of hospitality that will make a short stay feel like a holiday and a holiday like home from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Strand House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand House Hotel Winchelsea
- Strand House Winchelsea, East Sussex