“DISGUSTED.........”

and 1 more site!
The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I and three friends stayed at this dreadful place this weekend and I will never stay there again. The room was filthy with stains on the bedding and a duvet that didn't even fit the bed!! Toe nail clippings from past residents, a mouldy unclean shower with cracked tiles and broken plug sockets. My friend's bed was broken and we had to put the mattress on the floor for her to sleep on......in a word disgusting!! But the final nail in the coffin was the attitude of the staff who shrugged their shoulders and demanded payment! The manager just point blank refused to speak to us!! We left, not eating breakfast very upset and angry!! All I can recommend to all is DO NOT go there!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed one night in this horrible place we hadn't noticed the beds before we got changed to go out but when we arrived home at around midnight and drew back the cover both of the twin beds were broke and had to sleep on the mattresses on the floor. Not clean and bedding was stained think very carefully before staying. I asked to speak to management but was told they don't start until 11 the staff were very friendly though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LINDA M
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here with a friend last weekend we had a lovely stay!

The place is really sweet, quite romantic in a beautiful setting! The food was great and the cocktails delicious!!

All of the staff are so friendly and helpful and can't do enough for you!

In fact- I accidentally left some of my clothes at the hotel and they very kindly posted them back to me- no trouble at all, this saved me a 6 hour round trip getting them back!!

Thanks Royal Arms for a romantic, relaxed, friendly stay!

We intend to return soon! X

1  Thank Chantelle08
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night with a Groupon voucher. The staff are very pleasant and helpful, food excellent, room large and well appointed, no complaints. Situated in the countryside, very quiet, great location to visit Bosworth Battlefield and walk. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 10, upstairs in stable block, very private.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary. The room was nice and a complementary bottle of sparkling wine was a wonderful touch.
The restaurant and food fantastic. The staff were very attentive and polite. The only reason I have marked this down is that we stayed in the stable block and they have a room upstairs - we could hear someone walking about and it work us twice whilst we were sleeping. Such a shame that this spoilt it for us - I would have been happy to give 5 stars

Room Tip: Dont have a room in the stable block if there is a room above - too noisey
1  Thank cazgads
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Lovely meals, Good service, spacious rooms with lots of storage space, beautiful setting. My partner and I had a really nice time, the first evening was wonderfully relaxing we sat in front of the fire in the lounge and had a few drinks and it really did feel cosy. we would definitely recommend. Although it isn't within walking distance of any shops so you would need a car.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with twenty-three guests, when I hosted a book launch at nearby Bosworth Battlefield. Some of us had lunch, we spent the afternoon socialising in the bar, and after the launch we all enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. We stayed overnight in the charming rooms in the stables. We had a fantastic stay. The welcome given us was exceptionally warm, and the management and staff were all very helpful and friendly. I could not rate them highly enough. The food was superb, as was the service at dinner and breakfast. The hotel has the ambience of a delightful traditional English inn, with beams and a roaring fire, and we all felt very much at home there. The verdict of everyone was unanimous: what a great place! Cannot wait to go back. Our stay there was wonderful. Thanks to all who made it so.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel? Share your experiences!