“Brilliant Groupon offer”

and 1 more site!
The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The Royal Arms looks nice on arrival and has a good size car park. On entering you are in the restaurant and this was nicely laid out with candles lit. We checked in and our room was chalet style, plenty big enough, clean and fresh. We had a drink at the bar, very friendly bar man and he also took our order to eat. The food is quite expensive but very tasty, enough for me but my husband could of eaten more but chips, pots etc are extra.
We ordered the cheese board to share but it was terrible and i sent it back, such a shame after such nice main meals. Breakfast was basic but ok and as we were on a one night bed and breakfast for £39 it was all in all very good value. Look out for a Groupon offer and you wont go wrong.
The location is good for the historic battlefield and the village of Market Bosworth is very quaint, both very near by.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just had a one nght stay, part of an eat drink sleep deal, for £79.
Room was cosy and very comfortable, food was excellent as was breakfast.
Just beware that we were given two menus, after we had ordered the waiter returned to say that as we had ordered from the Al la carte menu there would be a surcharge of £10.00 per person, which was fine. May have been a genuine mistake, may be a way of turning £79 into £99.
Would recommend regardless

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A friend and I stayed at this hotel recently as part of a Groupon deal. I have to say we had a comfortable stay. The food was lovely and the staff were very friendly. The room was not as good as what I expected, with tape around the toilet flush and grubby in places, but for the price we paid it was ok. I found I didn't sleep to well because the door kept on making noise due to it banging with the wind as it was outside, but this was only a minor complaint. I would definatly go back again if another deal came up on Groupon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a short break last Easter weekend, and I just had to take the time to write this.
What a stunning find it was. With all the offers going, it is hard to make a choice, never mind the right choice. As soon as we entered the grounds, we knew we were onto a winner, the gardens were well kept and the yard was clean and tidy. Considering it was still covered in snow.
As we entered the building, we were met by the stunning restaurant. With it being Easter, the tables had daffodils on them, that made it look even brighter and prettier. The restaurant itself has beams that have all sorts of things that were used in a barn carefully and cleverly placed, from bicycles, horseshoes, tools and all sorts. The attention to detail is stunning.
We were checked in by a pleasant young lady. As we were shown to our room, our hearts sank as it was near the road, but, that was short lived, because as we went in, we entered into a warm and cosy lounge at the bottom, then our room was upstairs. It was a lovely room, and you couldn't hear much from the road. The only thing was the shower was really, really slow and Luke warm, but that didn't take away from our experience. The bed was sooo comfortable and crisp.
The bar is done out beautifully, with a well kept fire place, the tidiest one we have seen for some time. The Groupon deal we went on was good value. Although the set menu we were given was not great, the food itself was really good and well presented. We dined on the a la carte the next evening, and that was even better. Yes, it's a little expensive, but justified and well worth it and a great wine selection too. All the public areas were so clean and tidy and lovely to sit in. Breakfast was good, although could do with a bit more variety of fruit. This is one place I wouldn't mind getting snowed in for weeks!! Sadly, on our last day, we were looking to leave by 9, after breakfast, but found ourselves locked out till 9! The lady did apologise though. So it ended on a bit of a low, as we had to scramble to get where we needed to be. However, we will be returning again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I spent valentines weekend at the Royal Arms , returning after a couple of years, suffice to say everything appears to have topped our amazing stay last time!

The kind waitress helped us to our preferred table by the cosy fireplace and had some knowledgable and excellent wine recommendations. We had the valentines set menu, so I can't really comment on their usual a la carte, but if their succulent lamb was anything to go by, I'll certainly be back soon to take my pick from their hearty seasonal menu! My wife, a lifelong vegetarian, enjoyed her seasonal root vegetable gratin, none the less, I'm certain the gorgeous aromas for my delectable dish were about 5 minutes away from converting her to a carnivore!!,

The rooms were spacious yet cosy and very comfortable mattresses allowed us to melt away into a deep and peaceful sleep....after abit of valentines night frolicking of course ;)

Thanks again, Royal Arms for a great meal, fantastic service and the best nights sleep I've had in months! Well be back for your summer fare!!

Room Tip: Delicious, great value, hearty meals with fantastic selection of wines to wash it down!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nund1
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Family day out to Bosworth Battlefield, we stopped here for Sunday lunch. A little pricey, yes but the it was well worth the extra for the quality of food and the care the staff showed. Even the little upsells were handled very welll by our waitress....good training or natural flair I dont know but it worked for us.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay in this family run restaurant with rooms in the picturesque leicestershire countryside. My husband and I checked in on Friday night and stayed for 2 nights, ate a fulfilling freshly cooked full English on both mornings. The sausages were scrumpcious! Best we had had in a long time! Cocktails in the afternoon were perfect after a long walk to the battlefield and back. The rump steak and halibut in the evening were spot on, and we even had space for the cheeseboard with dry fruit, which was yummy and surprising as we have only had cheese with apples and celery before. And my husbands sticky toffee pudding was our of this world. Our lunch today was in the function room as it was my Gran's 80 th and again the catering was superb, toast beef that melted in my mouth and homemade light and crunch crumble with a delicious vanilla custard. I cannot wait to come back here again, service was attentive from the moment we checked in to when we had a late check out today. Special thanks to the girls who took care of our hot chocolate needs! And the chap who made our cocktails yesterday. Very well managed place! Well done, it is rare to find such a gem.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank sugarcakes1

Been to The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel? Share your experiences!