This was a KGB Deal of one night's B&B for 2 people, which we took up and enjoyed very much. The location is in a lovely rural village with first class views over open fields to the rear. It reminded us of a farm where the barns and buildings had been converted into self contained units consisting of a bedroom, dressing area and bathroom. We were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine which was part of the deal and stayed in the lovely cosy bar for another drink before making our way across the courtyard to our room.
We came back later for an evening meal which was absolutely first class, reasonaly priced and made us want to go back again very soon to try some more off this wonderful menu - the curry looked very tempting. Breakfast was truly amazing with a very generous helping of bacon and more importantly what I call a proper sausage, which looked like a Lincolnshire Sausage. The mushrooms were lovely and the baked beans were served in a gorgeous little black teacup.
We were made very welcome, everything was first class and the owners and staff could not do enough for us. We were about 40 miles away from home but it was a nice pleasant easy journey and as we are retired, will make a lovely trip out for lunch when we want a good quality bar meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Arms Restaurant and Hotel, A place which surpasses any traditional definition. We are nestled on the Leicestershire - Warwickshire border, situated in beautiful rural setting very close to where the historical Battle of Bosworth took place and within a convenient distance to Twycross Zoo, The Ashby Canal, Bosworth Park and for race fans - Mallory Park race track. We are a renowned 4 star rated restaurant and inn with 18 rustically decorated en-suite bedrooms in our stand-alone barn style accommodation adjacent to the main building. The backdrop of idyllic rolling countryside makes The Royal Arms perfect for a romantic getaway, business stop over, your wedding reception, many a celebration and team building days and a whole host of events. We have excellent private dining and conference facilities, and a purpose built barn with adjacent marquees for weddings and banqueting. Be it a visit for business or pleasure you will be offered a warm and genuine welcome in this home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Arms Restaurant And Hotel
- The Royal Arms Restaurant Hotel Sutton Cheney
- Royal Arms Sutton Cheney