“Excellent Venue and very friendly staff”

The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carshalton
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Venue and very friendly staff”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I held our small wedding reception at the Greyhound. We could not have chosen a better place, all the staff very very helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble and the whole thing went really smoothly. Food was delicious, atmosphere amazing. We then stayed in the hotel overnight. Nice big clean room, tasty breakfast :) Great place overall. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Newport
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend away and at arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff who showed us to our room. We stayed in a double bedroom which was clean, tidy and well presented. Our meals were exceptional especially the Sunday lunch. The staff made the stay feel like a home from home. If you are to stay at the Greyhound Hotel then I would recommend taking time to see the surroundings such as the small lake opposite.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We drove around the local area looking at menus for a birthday lunch with my mother and sister. I was exhausted and deflated by the time we reached the Greyhound but boy was I glad we stumbled upon it when the food came! I haven't had a meal so good since my birthday at the Gordon Ramsey restaurant (I'm not kidding) I would recommend the Steak and Ale pie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Have been dining in the Greyhound every now and then for many years but last night was the best ever food we have eaten there. The food was beautifully presented, cooked to perfection and utterly delicious. The menu was so varied it was difficult to choose but I opted for the Venison steak, my husband the Lamb, it was exceptional! The waitress was attentive, spot on in fact (23rd Oct). Well done to the Chef, excellent!

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed just the one night and felt it was value for money,had evening meal and this was very good and well presented waitress very good on the night of the 19th October. The room we had was 101 large room and the furnishings good it was very a little too near the front door so you had others coming in and out and the door banged every time, also it was near were people went to have a cigarette so you heard them speaking. Breakfast fair as the cooked was a little over cooked, but to be fair the cold buffet was very good and my scrambled egg lovely. Would have loved porridge to be on the menu but thats just a personal choice. On the whole I would stay again for the price we paided and the location around the hotel was lovely. Pub area brilliant and lively and didnt wait long for drinks.

Room Tip: Not 101 unless you can sleep through the door banging every time other residents came in and out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Meirion P, General Manager at The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments, after reading your review porridge is now on the breakfast menu, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
newcastle
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here on business and quite enjoyed my stay. The restaurant was OK with an interesting and varied menu, but there is no room service, and as this is an old building there is no lift to the upper floors. The room I had was clean and had all the amenities that you would expect and the hotel benefits from a very recent redecoration and new carpets on the stairs and landings. I also found the staff quite helpful, most of the time, although on occasions they could have been a little more approachable, however, check in and check out were both accurate and speedily accomplished.
Less than 10 minutes walk saw me at the railway station and I was in Victoria in less than an hour from leaving the hotel.
The surrounding area is lovely, with two large ponds, a park and museum all within a minute's walk from the door of the hotel.
Would I stay here again - definitely.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is the second time I have used this hotel and I will certainly use it again. As other people have siad, the area close to the hotel is lovely, the river and ponds accross the road and the church a little way down the road and there is a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants close by if you don't want to eat at the hotel every night. Also, the train station is only a few minutes walk and the trip into London is quite painless.

The food at the hotel was a bit of a let down, my chicken royal was quite dry but the breakfast was fine. My room was lovely, clean and well presented but the bed needs replacing, it was very noisy and creaky and I woke myself up every time I turned over.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carshalton
Holiday Inn London Sutton
Hallmark Hotel Croydon Aerodrome
Thatched House Hotel
Thatched House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sutton
Premier Inn London Croydon (Purley A23) Hotel
Premier Inn London Croydon Town Centre Hotel
Jurys Inn London Croydon

Been to The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel? Share your experiences!