“great local fish and chippy”

Chipsmiths Fish & Chips
Ranked #2 of 4 Quick Bites in Carshalton
Dining options: Takeout
Description: A traditional family run Fish & Chip shop. We have been serving the good people of Carshalton for 18 years. Our hygiene rating is the maximum 5 stars *.
Reviewed March 23, 2018

Went in here quite early Wednesday evening and it was already very busy. Had a takeaway of large cod and chips + onion rings for 2 of us for £11. All lovely and hot - there was a 15 minute wait because they were so busy. Must remember to order in advance next time!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 12, 2018

Expensive and quite small portions of average food. People rave about it but can't really understand why?

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 6, 2017

Lovely food and the staff are very friendly. Even if you go near closing time will cook you fresh chips.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

2 cod and chips to share - £13...seemed slightly dear but it was delicious and the chips were exemplary!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

I'd like to say I have eaten here before and it served up reasonable fish & chips. I have no idea what happened today.....it was hard to tell exactly what I was eating. The chips were a slimey dark brown pile of sludge. In the words of my 10 year old "These aren't horrid....they are actually disgusting" I am sorry to report he was right. Left over from the night before in the same oil? I have no idea....i think we'll look elsewhere next time.

Date of visit: September 2017