“Perfect place for a private event”
Review of The Racehorse Pub

The Racehorse Pub
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Carshalton
Cuisines: British
Reviewed April 12, 2019

We recently held a Wake for my Dad at the Racehorse pub in Carshalton and despite the sad circumstances, all the guests commented on what a lovely gathering we had.

The saloon bar, which was for our private use, looked so welcoming with all the tea-light holders glimmering away and it was just the perfect size for our party of 40, with seating for all who wanted it.

The bar and kitchen staff were very friendly and helpful and the buffet was absolutely delicious with so much variety, and so beautifully laid out.

I cannot thank Beatrice and her staff enough for making a difficult day so stress-free. I do hope that I will have the opportunity to book the Racehorse again for a happier occasion, and can highly recommend the catering, service and facilities of this excellent establishment.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 9, 2019

The friendliness and helpfulnes of the staff at this pub can’t be beaten. When we arrived one lunchtime the music was quite loud, so I asked for it to be turned down in order to have a conversation with a hard of hearing friend. This was done immediately and cheerfully. There wasn’t much choice on the menu as the food delivery van hadn’t arrived by one o’clock. On the main menu there were only sausages , fish and chips and one portion of meat pie. Two of us had to have a piece each of battered salmon and cod. I don’t think that battered salmon works, somehow. Because they were obviously short of what we wanted we were given a big plate of fried potato skins with dips, on the house. Delicious! We were also given larger portions of peas and tartare sauce.. The server was so very friendly and cheerful that we couldn’t be cross! The lack of lunchtime food happened last time we visited the pub, so I do think that they need to keep more stock in the fridge. Nevertheless we left feeling cheerful, if a little exasperated.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed December 15, 2018

John and Maura hosted a wake for 30 people for me.
There isn’t a single thing I could fault.
When we arrived they had decorated the pub with flowers and
photographs that I had dropped in the day before, it was a cold day
and there was a real fire blazing which was so warm and inviting.
The buffet food was amazing the variety, quality and value for
money were exceptional. Cost was much more reasonable than other
local pubs.
John and Moira and all the staff were compassionate and friendly and just seemed
to disappear into the background whilst making it all happen,this
made it seem like we were having an intimate family fathering in our
own home without having all the preparation and washing up!
Thankyou both so much - we definitely made the right choice choosing
The Racehorse.

Reviewed December 13, 2018 via mobile

Have been to the Racehorse many times and always had a warm and friendly welcome. My husband and I went for lunch and had a lovely meal. It is a limited menu, but done to the highest standard and at an amazing price. A great range of drinks and very friendly service.
Will definitely return.

Reviewed December 13, 2018

For the third year we held our staff Christmas Party at The Racehorse.
John and Maura, the owners, are wonderful hosts and always make us feel very welcome. We had a fantastic three course lunch at a very reasonable price. This is good to see as many of the pubs in the local area are extremely expensive.
We look forward to our next meal.
Well done to all.