“Great food and service”

The Sun
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Carshalton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A real local favourite situated just a minutes walk from Carshalton Ponds. The Sun offers something for everyone - acclaimed food a fantastic wine list and beautiful walled garden with bar and wood fired oven.
Reviewed April 28, 2019

We visited here for a party and the pub has a great vibe with an arts and crafts theme. It feels like a real local pub and has loads of character. The bar is well stocked with a variety of spirits, beers, ales and ciders and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. It gets popular here so best to order a table if you can. This is a popular place for dog walkers and pooches are welcome which we really liked.

The food was excellent and we especially enjoyed the monkfish scampi for starters which was delicious and the sticky toffee pudding was just divine.

A terrific place for a party and for a general visit - loved it and we will be back

Reviewed April 17, 2019

We went today for lunch and the food was fantastic, they have an incredible chef, the food is on another level to anything else in the area, been several times before and have never been disappointed, can not fault the place, great food, great staff and very much look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed April 17, 2019

All the wonderful things I've said before - fab staff, wide choice of drinks, and an amazing beer garden but now it has a vegan menu. The miso tofu starter is wonderful, and they've successfully managed to create a nut burger which isn't a sad, dry nightmare. Last time I was in there I had a carrot cake which wasn't on the menu but was absolutely divine. Best pub in the area by a long mile.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Just had an excellent meal food brilliant staff fantastic highly recommended. I had the full English best sausages ever, my friend had Mac and cheese we both cleared our plates.

1  Thank Tina J
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Went here for a Sunday lunch with my husband. And came back after for a Friday night dinner. Place is clean, staff were attentive and good service. Food is great but I just find it a little too expensive. We go out all the time and we know what is the average cost of a good pub food. Will I go back again ? Maybe, but not for a long while.

Date of visit: March 2019