“Great pub - now with vegan menu”
Review of The Sun

The Sun
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Carshalton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A real local favourite situated just a minutes walk from Carshalton Ponds. The Sun offers something for everyone - acclaimed food a fantastic wine list and beautiful walled garden with bar and wood fired oven.
Reviewed April 17, 2019

All the wonderful things I've said before - fab staff, wide choice of drinks, and an amazing beer garden but now it has a vegan menu. The miso tofu starter is wonderful, and they've successfully managed to create a nut burger which isn't a sad, dry nightmare. Last time I was in there I had a carrot cake which wasn't on the menu but was absolutely divine. Best pub in the area by a long mile.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Just had an excellent meal food brilliant staff fantastic highly recommended. I had the full English best sausages ever, my friend had Mac and cheese we both cleared our plates.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank Tina J
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Went here for a Sunday lunch with my husband. And came back after for a Friday night dinner. Place is clean, staff were attentive and good service. Food is great but I just find it a little too expensive. We go out all the time and we know what is the average cost of a good pub food. Will I go back again ? Maybe, but not for a long while.

Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Went for birthday Sunday roast.
Fantastic food and service. Not the cheapest of meals but worth every penny !
Staff are really friendly and we did not have to wait long for 7 roast beefs to arrive.
Definitely need to book on Sundays. Two seatings available 1pm and 5pm.
Haven’t tried the other meals but sure they are just as good.

1  Thank Compoiltus
Reviewed March 18, 2019

Yesterday, I had the best Sunday lunch for an age, at the wonderful Sun in Carshalton.

Why folk should go anywhere else for this special time is mystifying! You have a wonderful pub and wonderful staff. Andy would have been very proud of you I am sure.

So look forward to gin tasting and all other special evenings.

1  Thank Chris B