“You have to try D-dee, Amazing food and people”
Review of D-Dee Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

D-Dee Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Lunch, Dinner
Harlington, United Kingdom
“You have to try D-dee, Amazing food and people”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

D-dee is one of my favourite restaurants and I go about once a week. They do an amazing lunch menu where you can get a main course a drink for a fiver, nearly as cheap as a sandwich. I normally share a starter because they are so good, try the dancing chicken or the grilled chicken. It is some of the best chicken you will ever taste, with great fresh sauces.

For my main course I could pick almost anything. The Thai Green Curry is great, but if you fancy something a bit different the battered chicken sweet fruity sauce is really nice. I also really like the fried rice and stir fry's.

The gentleman who runs the restaurant is such a nice bloke, always smiling and the service is impeccable.

I have also been in the evening and it is just as good. We went on a Saturday night and the place was full, I was glad I booked a table. The service was still to a very high standard and the food was amazing like usual. If you go in the evening, go for a mixed starter, it is fantastic.

With a fantastic chef and fantastic service and a friendly and laid back atmosphere this place is always no 1 on my list when I want to eat out.

• Visited June 2013

Baldock
“Fantastic food and service”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went here for the first time Saturday night as we're impressed by the recent reviews..we weren't disappointed in fact we would both say its on a par with the best meal we have eaten out! Great food (even desserts were lovely thai palm cake and the green tapioca..delicious) service was attentive but no too much so.. fantastic we are going again at weekend with the kids..price was very reasonable so made t even better...

• Visited June 2013
“Best Thai food I've had in UK”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ate here tonight and must say the food was amazing. I don't normally write on these things, however I was so impressed I thought I would share. The restaurant is quite basic (although well presented and clean) and has a nice atmosphere and the service is very good. The staff are also very friendly and let me sample dishes I wouldn't normally have tried. If you like a fresh flavour to your food and enjoy tasting the thai herbs this place won't disappoint. The minced thai pork was a surprising winner. This is by far the best thai in Hitchin.

• Visited June 2012
“Brilliant”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a delightful restaurant serving fabulous food.

Though we'd try this unassuming little restaurant on a Saturday evening (maximum opportunities for slow service and noise). On the contrary, the service was attentive but not overbearing, noise levels very acceptable and the food....well all I can say is the food was fantastic.

I loved the mixed starters - the dips were fresh and zingy, the food well cooked and well presented. The main dishes were all very tasty, you could taste the herbs and spices.

Would certainly go back and definitely would recommend to everyone.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jane F
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“SUPURB!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

WOW! Thought we'd find out why this small & unassuming little Thai restaurant was #3 in Hitchin; it's all about the food which can only be described as excellent, whilst the service is delightful, attentive without being overbearing. The decor was a little on the quirky side, but this seemed to add to the atmosphere rather than detract. It seems that it's just a matter of time before we return!

• Visited May 2013