“TNT”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bedford, United Kingdom
“TNT”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

A Groupon deal, yes another one, so a warm welcome and only 2 couples in the restaurant, we had our pick of the tables. A 2 course deal so we opted for 2x £12 Croft sharing platters, a tasty plate of meatball,camembert,artichoke,ham crostini & a particularly flavoursome fish cake.

Mains were 3 Smoked Salmon wrapped Cod Loins, & a Med Sirloin for me, all very acceptable,
although the steak did seem as if it had been held in the bain-marie for a while, but maybe a little
nitpicking there.
A return visit is definite if only to try the various burgers on offer.

Bedford
“Lovely meal, nice surroundings”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I dined here on Monday night. The restaurant and bar were quiet - only one other couple eating. The waitress was pleasant and helpful. We both had the sharing starter - freshly cooked food and a good variety on the platter. We then both had the rump steak and I can quite honestly say that it was the best steak we had eaten for a very long time. Succulent and well cooked. Definitely with a visit if you are in the area.

London, Canada
“Disappointing Food and rude staff”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I visited the croft as part of a large party and left thoroughly disappointed with the experience. The waiter was incredibly rude, checking the ID of every member of our party and testing them on their date of birth and even the date the driving licence was issued (despite all being 25+). We were then greeted with a lengthy wait for any food whatsoever. When it did arrive, the 'sharing platters' were very bland and unimaginative and the main courses (steak) were bloody and tough. Finally the dessert was quite obviously microwaved. The final sting was the extortionate bill which equated to approximately £35 a head for a sub standard service. I felt that the restaurant and it's pretentious staff spoilt an important evening and I would stay well clear in future.

Walkern
“A great burger”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I went with my husband on a Friday evening not really knowing what to expect of the food.

We both had nuts and a drink to start and then chose burgers as main course. We both agreed that the burgers were the best we had both eaten in a restaurant/grill and the side orders of coleslaw we each had were fresh and tasty.

We followed with a dessert if sticky toffee pudding and cheesecake. I am normally a dessert person but on this occasion the burger stole the show.

The restaurant area itself is basically decorated but clean. Staff were polite and attentive.

I would definitely return either to go for a drink bin the adjoining bar or another meal in the restaurant

Chesham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've known this place for a long time, but had not really considered coming here for a meal until recently. Its a little treasure trove as far as i'm concerned.

When i come to town to see friends we always suggest coming here (if its not fully booked already!) and we can't get enough of the place. On our first visit we were recommended the burgers and i was blown away. The portion sizes are spot on and the taste is top notch. I've also recently sampled the platters which went down a treat among a group of four of us. All of this comes at a really reasonable price and the drinks selection won't disappoint you.

Lastly, the atmosphere is perfect, you don't find yourself waiting for ages to get a drink as the bar service is always super quick and the atmosphere has a real buzz. It really is the perfect way to start or end your evening - so much so, sometimes we just won't bother going anywhere else.

• Visited January 2014