“Had a nice evening”

Hermitage Road Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hermitage Road Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 175 Restaurants in Hitchin
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant food served: Mon - Fri: 12:00 - 14:00 18:30 - 22:00 Sat: 09:30 - 11:15 12:00 - 22:00 Sun: 09:30 - 11:15 12:00 - 18:00 Food is available outside of the hours from the Bar. Coffee shop open: Mon - Fri: 07:00 - 17:00 Sat: 08:30 - 17:00 Sun: 10:00 - 16:00
England
“Had a nice evening”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We booked our table a couple of weeks before hand as we're visiting on a Saturday night. I specifically booked a later table as it stated that we would not have to return the table to them by a certain time and I don't like to feel rushed. We arrived early and were shown to our table very quickly. We were then informed we would have to hand the table back to them after two hours... I was it happy with this!! We had the seafood slate as a starter and it was gorgeous. We were both impressed with it, and would definitely have it again. I then had the sage and butternut squash gnocchi which had a lovely flavour and was filling. My partner had the smaller serving of ribs and demolished them, if you are a normal guy who likes your food order the larger portion!! I then finished with sticky toffee pudding which was amazing. We had a thoroughly enjoyable meal. The atmosphere was upbeat, the serving staff were quick to help but rushed off their feet, maybe a couple of extra staff on a Saturday night would make things run a bit more smoothly? We had quite a wait for our second lot of drinks which meant we ran over the two hours we were allowed the table for (!) All in all a lovely venue which is well worth a visit, we will go again.

Hitchin, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sooooo slow”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Impressive building, nice place for a drink, but I went for lunch here today and the service was so slow that after an hour I cancelled my order of a chicken baguette (not complicated one would think) and left. A real shame. Other customers seemed also to be at the point of running out of conversation and looking at their watches. I can't say that I will be returning.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Simon T
Herts
“Love”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is fab.! Great food, great br, great music, great building. Make sure you book if having dinner or you won't get a table!

Hitchin, United Kingdom
“The portion sizes are quite small.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The food is overall very good but the atmosphere I find a little like a school dining hall. I think its supposed tho be "new york loft" but it doesn't quite work.

Visited November 2012
Hitchin,UK
“Love it”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We love the place great for drinks or food we have had one dodgy meal here but I think that was more choice than what was served . The service is good and the staff alway remember you . It's buzzing and the atmosphere is great . Highly reccomend