“A little bit of Heaven”
Review of Hitchin Lavender

Hitchin Lavender
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Hitchin
More attraction details
Owner description: We're a family owned and run farm. During the summer months (check the website for precise dates)we're open to visitors who are able to wander up and down the miles of lavender rows we grow. We also have a small gift shop and offer light refreshments too. Coach groups or large parties are only possible by prior booking. Hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am very fortunate to live in the villge of Ickleford and therefore the Lavender fields are only a short walk up the road for me. I have been four times this Summer each time I have introduced the Lavender fields to a friend and all without exception have delighted in the whole Lavender experience. The view of the fields when in full bloom are a delight together with the fragrance of the lavender. You can wander through the fields and pick the lavender or just soak up the atmospher in the barn and partake of some refreshment which are excellent and good value for money. There are also a good selection of lavender products for sale. A delightful experience whatever your age.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I took my mum here for part of her birthday. We went mid morning and stayed for about 2 hours.
Walking the fields picking Lavendar is actually very calming! you get a bag when you pay you can fill takes up to an hour max. then you can take a look in the barn shop - products not cheap but nice and i'm happy to a little more for local stuff.
Food and Drink was ok pretty average, nothing special.
Lots of bees and wasps in the field which if you keep out of their way they leave you alone, not the story in the garden beware.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The farm is small yet beautiful and relaxing. My three young children thoroughly enjoyed collecting lavender to fill our bag. There were bees on the plants but they paid no attention to us and we successfully avoided them! The smell was fantastic. I didn't know the place existed until I saw reviews on trip advisor and will defiantly return.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Enjoyed visit lovely views. Lots of bees though. Only disappointing thing was that couldn't smell the lavendar unless you picked it. Thought that you would be able to smell it on the breeze couldn't the day that I visited.

1  Thank JulieJack2013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well worth a visit on a sunny afternoon, refreshments and shop with nice things to buy. You are encouraged to pick a bunch of lavender as you wander in the fields