Tripadvisor
Hitchin
Post
Inbox
Search

“Lovely, local restaurant with great food”
Review of Granello Lounge

Granello Lounge
Ranked #1 of 20 Quick Bites in Hitchin
Description: Our Lounge is a home from home, offering delicious food and drinks, all day, on your doorstep. We exist to bring people together and our unique atmosphere changes hour by hour with each new wave of customers. We are proud of our Lounge and its community and our aim is simple: every customer leaves happy.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Headed to Granello Lounge on a very cold, grim January night last week.
The atmosphere was warm and the staff friendly.
The veggie food options were surprisingly good and my friend and I went for the Veggie Mexican food bowl and halloumi and felafel salad.
Both were fresh and very tasty.
Special note to our servers that evening, both Harry and Dani, provided great service and entertainment.
It's also dog-friendly. What's not to love!

Date of visit: January 2020
GranelloL, Owner at Granello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Diane!

Many thanks for your lovely feedback! Harry and Dani are a credit to the team and they will love hearing the kind words :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards
Kye

Write a reviewReviews (202)

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Had a great time with Harry with the quiz on sunday! They were all very friendly and gave a great service, very relaxed, great humour.

Date of visit: January 2020
GranelloL, Manager at Granello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

HI thank you for such lovely feedback especially on the quiz as harry really does put his heart and soul in to them. We hope to see you again another sunday! Have a lovely week

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

So it was news years day late morning and me and my friend were hanging from a heavy news years party. I rang the restaurant to see if they were doing breakfast, well that’s when I made my mind up to go, the guy on the phone was so cheerful and full of banter and we had a great exchange on how I was feeling rough and needed food, juice and sympathy. One out later we walked into the restaurant and there he was, big smile and when I asked if he was the guy on the phone he said “are you the guy who needs a pillow” and then came around and gave me hug, hilarious and what customer service. The place was packed as I’m sure you can imagine and I had a simple breakfast of Eggs Benedict and toast, and was also given a free black coffee by one of the waitresses. I have no complaints on the food other than the high price they charge for some extras like over 80p for 1 slice of black pudding, but the service was superb. Great way to start the new year.

Date of visit: January 2020
GranelloL, Manager at Granello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Hi Karl

Thanks for the review! We hope your hangover is now gone and your feeling better. Glad we could help make it more bearable and we hope your year continues to get better.
We look forward to seeing you again soon! :)

Kind Regards

Katie

Reviewed December 28, 2019

My husband and I love this restaurant/bar. He had the lounge breakfast and I had the buttermilk chicken which came with delicious coleslaw. We both had lattes but if I didn't have the car I would tried a few cocktails- they do a great range. You order at the bar and give your table number and service was very friendly and efficient. I love the eclectic design which is featured throughout.

Date of visit: December 2019
GranelloL, Manager at Granello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

We are so pleased you loved your experience with us! Why not next time make your husband drive so you can have a few cocktails?

Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

We have had breakfast in the restaurant 3 weeks running now,first with a friend,second with 2 grandchildren,and this week just me and my husband.
The restaurant is quirky,friendly for all ages,colouring table for children......dog friendly too.
The staff....hi Lisa and team........are friendly,welcoming,and efficient.
The chef.....is amazing...in my opinion this place has served the tastiest,fresh,appetising breakfast.Looks good,served hot and delicious...what more can I say.....well done Granello lounge,we will be in again soon......
We had the full English breakfast.Looking forward to trying the rest of the menu.

Date of visit: December 2019
GranelloL, Manager at Granello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Thanks for being such loyal customers guys!! We hope to see you again next week!