“Good honest food at sensible prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Highlander

The Highlander
Ranked #19 of 175 Restaurants in Hitchin
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hitchin
“Good honest food at sensible prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Having just had a Sunday lunch with three others we were very pleased
With the quality of the food
Good selection of real ales and a good
Choice of wine

1 Thank MrPirton

“Second visit in a year and not disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff are very friendly and the service excellent.Good value for money and the food was very good with the exception of one of our party who found the turkey pie somewhat strange(you can't please all of the people all of the time.)The rest of us found the food tasty and the staters and puddings exceptional,would certainly recommend it to friends.

“Another great pub in Hitchin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on Saturday night. Booked a table for 8.30 and it was RAMMED.

My friends and I all fancied one the specials (the BBQ glazed pork chop) and unfortunately they only had one serving left. So, instead I went for the red mullet Thai curry which was absolutely delicious.

Service was pretty good, just a tad on the slow side. All in all this was a great meal and I'll definitely be going back. A real little gem in Hitchin!

“Family run!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Dropped in for a Friday lunch with the wife while "working from home". Nice atmosphere. Nice beers. Nice lunches. I had the good old ham, eggs and chips - nice off the bone ham, runny eggs and great chips. My wife had a nice salad. It's family owned, run and a freehouse I think so nice to know the money is not going to a large brewery. Somewhere I'd definitely go back to

Visited November 2012
Hitchin, England
“Enjoyable...but not amazing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I went to the Highlander having read many great reviews but wasn't blown away as I had anticipated. I ordered the lamb casserole with root vegetables which was tasty but disappointingly came with no sides considering it wasn't a cheap dish. For dessert I ordered the syrup sponge steam pudding which came with cinnamon custard. Although it was nice, I found it very sweet which is saying something considering I have the biggest sweet tooth known to man. Also, I found there wasn't enough custard for the pudding, and as it was so sweet it would have helped to have more custard to combat that.
The pub itself is quaint and homely. The staff are exceptionally friendly. Perhaps next time I go I'll try something else on the menu and actually be blown away.

• Visited November 2012