WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hitchin
Hertfordshire, England
“Delicious afternoon tea.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went there yesterday for afternoon tea on a coupon deal and it was superb. I went with my wife, daughter and son in law. This is a grand hotel and we were served tea in the Salusbury Suite on sumptuous armchairs. It helped that the sun was shining and we had lovely views across the lawn. A wedding was being held within the hotel at the same time but it did not interfere with us.
We started with champagne and strawberries and cream and it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roy-Bowdery
Hamid S, Owner at Offley Place Country House, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your champagne afternoon tea in the sun lit Salusbury Lounge. They are currently proving very popular. As we approach Winter, perhaps we can look forward to welcoming you back to have afternoon tea in front of one of our real log fires!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Have just come back from a night stay at the Offley, can't wait to go back for a long weekend, staff friendly and very helpful, rooms immaculate, food lovely, the house and grounds stunning. A very relaxing and comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tasha7372
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at offley place last march (2012) for our best friends wedding.
I stayed the night before with her in the bridal suite which was amazing! We ate at the green man pub which was lovely. Had breakfast at offley place the morning of the wedding which was varied and delicious.
Offley place is one of the nicest places I have stayed. The grounds are fab and the hotel stunning- perfect setting for our friends wedding. The food was so good!
Generally the whole wedding was brilliant and I think the hotel was perfect for hat they had invisaged.
My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the smaller guest rooms the night of the wedding which wasn't cheap (but one of the cheapest) it wasn't tiny but not large, still it was comfortable, clean and well presented.
Again, breakfast the following day was very nice and staff great!
Can recommend this as a perfect wedding venue and a lovely country retreat.

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Kirsty_m_c1983
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I Like Offley Manor a lot. We stayed overnight on a bright sunny day. Andy Murray won his semi, and everything in the garden was rosy. The hotel possesses an authentic charm. Ok, a bit creaky in parts, but I am pleased it is at it is, wouldn’t swap its true character It has a homely feel that sets it apart, in a friendly and genuine manner. The grounds are magnificent.Peaceful and tranquil. A Pretty and pleasing place to get married I would think.

Our spacious bedroom overlooked the view of the grounds and very comfortable with nice little welcoming touches. We slept like a log, which is I suppose the true test.

People often comment on the staff here, and deservedly so, like the building itself, they are genuine and friendly.

I must also say I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and restaurant. The chef uses good quality ingredients, cooked to a high standard and well presented. All in all, a resounding yes for Offley Manor

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank steve b
Hertford UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We visited the restaurant of this country hotel with a large group of 25 friends who enjoy eating in a more formal manner – crisp white tablecloths & silver service and no Muzak to interfere with any conversation!
This establishment certainly “ticked all the boxes” and the staffs were superb in their waiting skills and knowledge of the menu choices.
We were seated in the conservatory which has been built on to this quite old building and in a May evening the weather should have been much better but even so it was comfortable and warm.
The food was excellent & hence choices difficult to make!
Starters included a Tian of Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Mango (my choice & delicious) also a Terrine of Guinea Fowl & Red Pepper, a Cheddar Blue Cheese Soufflé plus a soup and a Tomato tart.
For the main course I chose “Mignon of Beef” which was cooked to perfection. The other choices were Salmon, Duck. Skate & Chicken so everyone was taken care of. We had no vegetarians on this occasion but there was an option if required.
The Desserts created another choice problem as they were all delicious & made on the premises which has unfortunately become unusual even in some of the top establishment these days.
There was no hurry to see us gone & at the right moment the correct coats (it was a cool evening) were brought to us – how do they do that? It is very impressive.
A great evening for us all & for once in this group not one complaint!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brigg, North Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business recently one Wednesday night. On arriving I was very pleased, beautiful property and in a quiet, peaceful setting. The room was just like what is shown on the website and I couldnt of been happier. The bed was extremely comfortable. The views out the bedroom window were amazing.The receptionists were all so lovely. I liked the fact the history of the house was in the welcome folder. Breakfast was superb. All in alI a reallý lovely stay. I booked on late rooms and I would love to go back. Thank you so much

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I got married here in May and just had to write a review as my husband and I were so happy with our choice of wedding venue. The hotel is beautiful with lovely grounds. Our ceremony was in the conservatory which was a beautiful room to get married in. The food and service were amazing. The wedding co-ordinators at the venue did a great job of ensuring it all went smoothly.

We can't wait to spend our first wedding anniversary back at the hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Angemy13
Hamid S, Manager at Offley Place Country House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments.

We are very pleased you enjoyed the food and beauty of our venue for your wedding day and that our staff were so helpful.

Have an amazing year and we shall look forward to welcoming you back on your first wedding anniversary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hitchin
Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel & Restaurant
Down Hall Country House Hotel
Down Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,527 reviews

Been to Offley Place Country House? Share your experiences!