“Lovely food. Friendly staff.”
Review of Zizzi - Hitchin

Zizzi - Hitchin
Ranked #50 of 177 Restaurants in Hitchin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food. Located 10 minutes from the train station and just off Market Square, our Zizzi in Hitchin is the perfect spot to take a break from wandering around the lavender fields. Run by a team of locals who pride themselves on giving friendly home-style service, what more reason could you need to book a table? Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The chicken salad and the duck salad were perfect. Beautifully made and tasted great. Our 8 years old had spaghetti. Bol. Served child's portion which was just right. The servers were on the ball and the manager was helping out at a busy time. Nice atmosphere. Def. go again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Popped in last week for a spot of lunch, We were the only customers in there so service was propmt and didnt have to wait long for food. Waitress was lovely and the food was good but the place was let down by its dirt. Being the first customers in I would expect the place to be spotless however as I looked around the wine glasses were stained on the table next to us, there was food on all the chairs on the surrounding tables and the floor obviously hadnt been swept from the night before. This is pretty bad considering we were the first people in, if we were the last in at the end of a busy night I can understand there being bits on the floor and chairs but first thing it shouldve been spotless. Made me worry that if thats how they treat the front of house where the customers can see everything then how bad is the kitchin? obviously hygiene and cleaniless isn't high on the agenda. Has put us off going back a little bit.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I like zizzi because of the choice, it's cooked in front of you, having used a few zizzi restaurants around the country this was up there in the good Italian restaurants. We went on Father's Day after the rush, can't wait for our next visit !

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Service is way too slow, last time i went it was 3/4 empty and every thing was just too slow, long time before menu came, long time to take order, too slow getting the food to customers. I could not understand why service was so bad as only 6 other customers in Zizzi on a Tuesday night.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Zizzi as my brother had recommended. We ordered the Frito Misto and some pizza base with peppers and goats cheese. The Frito Misto was very greasy and the courgette was so thin it was crispy not how the Italians cook it. For main I had pasta parcel with ricotta cheese and a lemon sauce it was very bland I did complain and the waitress said it is new as if this was a valid reason. I wonder who taste tests!!! My son had the risotto which was not cooked thoroughly and was again very bland. Not impressed and no real apology for the food bring poor. We did not stay for dessert.