Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms
$76
TripAdvisor
Hotel Commodore(Llandrindod Wells)
$92
Glen Usk Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$111
$72
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Metropole Hotel(Llandrindod Wells)
$140
$161
The Lake Country House & Spa(Llangammarch Wells)
$136
Ty Carreg(Llanwrtyd Wells)
$100
Bronfelin Holiday Cottage(Llanwrtyd Wells)
Hotels.com
All reviewshigh streetty morgan'smid waleselan valleyshower bathcar parklight sleepershort staycouldn't do enoughstaff were friendly and helpfulweekend breaka wonderful stayevening meal and breakfasttea coffeecooked breakfastcakesapartment
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I was really impressed with this establishment - lovely little touches like homemade shortbread in the room with the coffee/tea. Leather Armchairs in my room and leather bed as well! Bathroom was fabulous as well - full size and very luxurious! Will be singing praises to anyone planning a trip to Wales.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2009

overall, a good experience at the guest house. good size rooms, well equipped (although my shower had a problem and there was no soap in the bathroom). comfortable beds and quality linen. breakfast was more than adequate and andrew was flexible in terms of serving times.
my only issue was proximity to the road. the hotel is at a relatively busy junction and my room overlooked the road with the resulting noise waking me at 5am!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Had planned a surprise 2-day country break for my husband's birthday and my first choice of hotel wasn't available for the first night so we happened across Ty Morgan's instead. What a huge piece of luck!! It turned out to be the exact opposite of the hotel I'd first chosen and, reluctantly had to stay in on the following night.!
In Ty Morgans, both the room and en-suite were large, warm , clean and well-appointed. The attention to detail with the decor and standard of furnishing was equal to that I've experienced in trendy London Hotels. Though the Bistro was closed on the night we stayed, we had an excellent, freshly prepared meal in the bar. Staff were friendly and helpful. We overcame the lack of "on site" parking by arriving after five and parking just outside on the street. Really top class B&B. Excellent value for money. Will look to stay there when we next visit Rhayader.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Looking for accommodation to attend the Antique Fair/Show in Builth Wells I literally just came upon Ty Morgan's ( who is Mr Lewi's son I learnt), a special offer running til the end of May (I think) £25 per person, and what a lovely landing it was.

I telephoned to check availability for 2 nights, to be told no problem, but couldnt do same room, but would put us in Elens Suite for 2nd night for only a small surcharge, I was more than happy with that.

We turned up and were booked in, The old Room 1 was a lovely room, in soft ,mellow tones of neutrality, with 2 portions of one wall with the aged bricked exposed and adding a warmth, the bed I found to be eally comfortable, a small but adequate wardrobe, comfy leather tub chair, tea coffee etc, and divine home made biscuits(shortbread with cherries). Flat screen TV. Bathroom with those curved shower bath jobs, quality Rocha sanitary ware.

The Room was very warm but soon adjustable by opening windows and turning down thermostat, much much worse to have cold room on arrival. Surprising how busy the road was during the night, but I slept soundly and was charmed by the church bells striking on the hour. What is wrong with those miserabe so and so's who complain about that!!

Breakfast was simple but tasty and plenty of choice.

In the evening we went to their restaurant, had a lovely meal and very reasonable, if you have a chance have the bra brith bread and butter pudding it takes 20 mins to be done to order, and well worth the wait. To cap it all present your room key for a 10% discount.

For the second night we were moved to Elens suite and what a charming room to spend time in, a few stairs to a wealth of exposed beams, and brickwork. A small kitchenette, dining area and lounge area with leather settee, and separatin the bedroom a wall of bems and glass insets, so much character. The shower room was cosy! a little on the small side , but so nicely done and comfortable.

I would say turning up you would not expect from the outside what a gem of a B and B this place is, dont drive by. Parking is on the high street but dont let that put you off either.

We are already wanting to go back and spend a couple of days there to explore the area and go see the Kites feeding nearby.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay at Ty Morgans. I've stayed in several B&Bs in the area, and this is definitely the best. Our room had refreshingly modern décor, and was accompanied by a stylish en-suite bathroom. Despite our room's proximity to the very busy South Street, we didn't find road noise to be an issue. The bed was really comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water available in the morning. The best part of the stay was definitely the food though - we had a delicious meal in the Bistro on the night of our stay, and an excellent cooked breakfast was provided in the morning. The only drawback was the lack of secure parking near the B&B, although there was plenty of parking available in a nearby side street. Overall, I thought Ty Morgans offered excellent value for money, and I look forward to the chance to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple