“Samlesbury Hotel Preston”

Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Samlesbury
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Lunched here as a "recce" with a friend who was seeking a venue for her ladies' club formal lunch in March 2015. This was undertaken early, as spring is starter time for weddings, and hotels are particularly busy at weekend then.

We had Sunday lunch, (3 courses) in this very newly refurbished (formerly Swallow) hotel. So new we could smell the carpets! Lunch excellent at roughly £16 for three courses, (excluding wine) I had salmon and my companion roast beef. Both excellent. She particularly liked her starter, pork terrine, with a delicious accompaniment. The function room "ticked all the boxes" and the staff were very helpful. The restaurant service was excellent, thorough without being overpowering Would certainly go again, and think if my friend's committee approves, it will prove an excellent venue with plenty of parking, and easy to find.

Oh yes, the afternoon tea looked delicious - we both fancy that for our next visit!

Room Tip: Only went for a meal so can't comment on rooms, breakfast, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Margaret H
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Margaret H

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our Traditional Sunday Lunch. Your feedback is a huge encouragement to all of the team here and we appreciate your kind comments.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at hospitality@samlesburyhotel.co.uk if you wish to discuss any possible future functions.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I sent my mum and dad here on a groupon deal for afternoon tea and from the point of booking the service and friendliness of staff was second to none, the food was fantastic and they said they will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Lindseykittten
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Lindseykittten,

I am trilled the hear the your parents enjoyed their Afternoon Tea and found the food fantastic.
I am very pleased that all the staff you encountered were helpful and friendly as we strive to constantly exceed guests expectations.

We look for to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Hotel is beautiful very modern and spacious. The restaurant area was clean with a prepared table for us.
The greeting and service from the staff was second to none, attentive and discreet.
Food was delightful and fresh and the tea was in abundance. Fantastic experience for us and we have had many afternoon teas, well worth a visit

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara M

Dear Alamo2501,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you had the opportunity to experience our Afternoon Tea. Your feedback is a huge encouragement to all of the team here and we appreciate your kind comments.

We hope to welcome you to back to Samlesbury Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Was given a amazon voucher for the restaurant by a family member for 3 courses plus a glass of wine, booked in advance told them voucher codes on arrival was given a very comprehensive menu with lots of choice however when the waitress came to take our order I gave her the voucher and she told us we had been given the wrong menu, so a new menu was brought to us with I think 4 choices of starters, mains and deserts lucky for my husband everything he wanted was on the menu I had to completely change my choices. Overheard other couples querying the deals they had paid for. I'm sure very confusing for staff. Food was cooked well, I would like to return and eat off the full menu.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harrilo
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My parents and I had lunch here today. We are always looking for nice places to meet between their home in Cumbria and mine in Cheshire. The hotel is located a few minutes off the M6 and easy to find. We were recommended to try here by some friends.
The staff were very welcoming and we were asked if we wanted afternoon tea or lunch and given the option of eating in the resturant or the bar. Both were very tastefully decorated and furnished. The bar is very light and airy and the resturant has a more formal atmosphere.
The menu is varied and pretty extensive. Expect to pay an average of around £15 for a main course. I had the rib beef pie with a side order of seasonal greens. The food was good if not exceptional. Decent gastro pub type food.
Overall a pleasant experience.
Looking at some other reviews I would say the staff all seemed very approachable and helpful and had we had any problems with our food I have no doubt this would have been dealt with in a satisfactory manner.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Emma W,

We are, as always, very proud of our staff at Samlesbury Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your lunch with us. We constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.
We hope to welcome you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I have just had a 1 night stay at this hotel through a living social deal and it was brilliant. The sat nav wasn't the best so when I rang the Hotel to ask for help and directions the receptionists were really good and directed us straight to the hotel. We checked in about 11.30 which was very easy. As we had not been to this area before we asked for directions to Clitheroe and Fleetwood and the girls on reception were great, they gave us postcodes which directed us straight to the places we wanted to visit. The room was a delight, bathrobes, slippers, tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom and shower was fabulous with great big fluffy towels. Breakfast was good, everything on hand cereal, fresh fruit, juice and toast, then you were asked what you would like for breakfast and it was cooked freshly for you, this was a lovely hotel and I would reconmend it for a weekend away

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lesleymckay
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear lesleymckay

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am pleased to hear that you liked our bedrooms and enjoyed your breakfast.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Writing this review on behalf of my parents as they are not IT-savvy! We bought a voucher for them to stay for dinner, bed & breakfast on Easter Saturday & they loved it. Commented the rooms & general decor are beautiful & the evening meal was great. Dad particularly impressed with the full Lancashire breakfast which he has told us about in detail! They said they would definately return. Only comment (neither negative nor positive) was that their room didn't have drawers or a bath - not a problem for them for one night but did say if staying longer they'd want to fully unpack (so need drawers) & have a bath - however they presume that perhaps there are both short & long stay rooms which might accommodate this!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank windygal01

Dear windygal01

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. I was please to read your kind comments about the Hotel décor and find that your Father enjoyed his breakfast so much.

Hospitality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Samlesbury
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Preston Marriott Hotel
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!