Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Park Inn M6 Preston(Bamber Bridge)
View Hotel
All reviewschampagne afternoon teatravelzoo dealclub roomnespresso machinesamlesbury hallswallow hotelon arrivalgreat showerfamily weddingfunction roomlovely hotelevening mealbar areathird floorone night stayan overnight staybuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We booked in for one night in an executive room, bed and breakfast and decided to stay for dinner too.
The whole hotel has recently been totally renovated and is looking great. The room was excellent, massive bed, good tv with loads of channels and fancy coffee maker in the room too. Perfect night's sleep.
Free WIFI was good and high speed internet (100mb) is getting fitted soon according to the management.
Dinner was divine, apparently the chef uses all his mums recipes and adds a really nice local touch. The Lancashire breakfast was top drawer, really recommend it.
Room rates were really reasonable too and the location just off Junction 31 on the M6 is perfect for me as I travel from Birmingham to scotland every week.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are great, but the executive rooms are well worth the upgrade if you want to treat yourself.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank number1marketing
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hello number1marketing,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I’m delighted that you noticed the little differences that make staying at the Samlesbury Hotel so special. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed staying in one of our well appointed Executive Rooms which contain extras such as a 42” Flat Screen Television with 200 Channels, Nepresso Machine, Bath Robes, Slippers and Selection of Snacks. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to our Kitchen Brigade who I know will be delighted with them. As you have well noted, we use a wide variety of local suppliers for our food which certainly makes a great difference. Both the team and I look forward to meeting you the next time when you stop off on your long journey.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2014

9 of us stayed here on business, we usually book the Marriot but decided to try The Samlesbury after hearing about it being re-done. It far exceeded our expectations, cant wait to go back.

The whole hotel is done out absolutely beautiful they have obviously spent a lot of money refurbishing it. The entrance and reception are a real showstopper, it has this really unique open reception desk and area that's more like a modern art installation itself, it has to be seen as its hard to describe how unique and lovely it is! Everything is smooth and clean and reeks of true style and class. My first thought when I walked in was that it reminded me of the Hyatt Regency in Berlin, it just had that expensive feeling about it.

Room was on the third floor and was again absolutely lovely and modern, they have thought of everything, from the huge comfy bed, its the biggest bed I've ever seen! to the top-notch wet-room style shower, lovely big fluffy robes, slippers, ironing board and iron, Nescafe coffee machine and pods, flat screen TV at the perfect height for watching in bed, VOSS water and popcorn, tea and coffee and speciality hot fruit teas - which were amazing!!, desk big enough to put my laptop on and sit at properly (pet peeve of mine at other hotels), the manager even left a little hand written card.

Dinner was in the beautiful Merchants restaurant downstairs - fabulous food and wine. Sea bass was lovely and my partner had the steak which he raved about. We couldn't decide on desserts as they all sounded so yummy so ended up ordering all 9 from the menu and each tried some of them all - what can I say! they were ALL absolutely amazing, I could have sat there and had them all to myself, but one did stand out - the chocolate brownie!! its to die for, I would go back purely for this alone, but then the knickerbocker glory was unreal too and the bread and butter pudding, I could go on and on, but they were honestly all AMAZING, I'd have licked the plates if we weren't all sharing.

Fabulous breakfast menu to choose from, I had full English - poached egg done to perfection.

I think im going on about the food too much now but honestly its sooo good, as is this whole hotel, staff, surroundings, rooms, food - all fantastic. Will most definitely be booking here again when we have business in the Preston area, wouldn't dream of booking anywhere else now. :)

Thank you to Mark, Bob and all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable, especially the waiting staff who put up with us til gone 2am in the restaurant and the reception staff who made our check in an easy and enjoyable experience, right down to the delicious shortbread cookies, oh there I go about the food again, seriously though, the staff are impeccable, so helpful and HAPPY - not something you see a lot of these days in the service industry - it was so nice to be greeted with smiles - makes a huge difference.

5 star service, 5 star food, 5 star staff, 5 star hotel - can't fault this place, can't wait to see you all again soon. Oh and did I mention the Brownie!! :D

Room Tip: 312 was lovely but I'm sure they all are
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ruby Lisa K

Hello Mary M,

What a fantastic review – we really are so grateful. I’m delighted to read that your stay was akin to that of a 5* hotel. We have put a lot of time and effort in to getting our brand new 4* hotel off the ground and I think your fabulous review says it all. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed staying in one of our well appointed Executive Rooms which contain extras such as a King Size Bed, Wet-Room Shower, 42” Flat Screen Television, Nepresso Machine, Bath Robes, Slippers, Voss Water and Selection of Snacks. I’m delighted to hear your experience at our Merchants Restaurant very good as we pride ourselves on the quality and presentation of our food, all sourced from local suppliers. I will be sure to pass your kind remarks on to Bob, our Sales Manager and the rest of the team who I know will be delighted with them. We look forward to meeting you on your next stay and will have a brownie specially put aside for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

A lovely hotel... what a transformation... From Faulty Towers to Five Star Towers! Lovely looking interior, calm and peaceful... Food was great... Guestroom was cosy and clean... great shower... staff were really great too!
THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank nick d
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hello Nick D,

Thank you for your fantastic review. We have put a lot of time and effort into getting our brand new 4* hotel off the ground. For us, your review says it all; especially the likening our product and service to “Five Star” I’m delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to welcome you back in the future to the Samlesbury Hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have just visited the newly refurbished Samlesbury Hotel in Preston and what can I say but WOW. The hotels transformation is incredible. The new owners should be very proud of the look and feel of the hotel and the staff. Very warm and we were made to feel very welcome. We stayed for lunch and the food was exceptional. We will certainly be dining out at Samlesbury again soon. We will be recommending to our friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Simon D

Hello Simon D,

I think the title of your review sums it up nicely – “Wow”. Being a brand new 4* hotel we aim from the outset to give the “Wow” factor and I’m delighted that we met and exceeded your expectations. Both the team and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2014

A group of us stayed here last year and although we had a great time the hotel was indeed in need of some serious T.L.C. From our first glance at the hotel we were struck at the difference - the hotel now looks appealing from the moment you arrive. There has been a complete transformation inside giving it a modern look and feel throughout. The bedrooms are smart and showers fantastic. We enjoyed some fabulous meals - one of our group told the chef Dean his risotto was to die for! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were polite and helpful at all times. May we pass our thanks to Mark and his great team, Kathryn, Eric,the bar staff, reception staff and all the others who helped to make our new year celebration so enjoyable. Dismiss the previous bad reviews and give this new hotel a try we don't think you will be disappointed

Room Tip: Our party of 7 were all completely satisfied with our rooms which were on different floors
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mick G
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Hello Mick G,

Thank you for such a lovely review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind regards onto Dean, Kathryn and Eric who I know will be delighted to receive them. Both the team and I look forward to welcoming you and the rest of your group back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,