“Good for a stay”

Wallett's Court Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A luxurious menu of modern British cuisine has made the restaurant within the ancient manor house hotel of Wallett's Court in Dover a sumptuous destination in its own right. Robust, inventive flavouring abounds, with accomplished and gutsy cooking producing dishes such as confit of sea bass with sticky port shallots and caramelised noisette potatoes or breast of Gressingham duck with ginger and spring onion rösti. There is a predominantly French wine list, with Sunday lunch and party menu options.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Now, this place (unlike its sister hotel nearby) is excellent and the food, rooms and everything about it are fantastic. Not the cheapest but who cares...go on spoil yourself and that someone special!

Nice pool and spa (free for hotel guests) and if you dont want to stay in the main house, try a wigwam!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came here for an afternoon tea recently. The place is lovely and set in nice grounds. When we arrived the staff were very friendly and asked us where we would like to sit. We chose to sit in the conservatory. The afternoon tea consisted of a selection of sandwiches (all very nice) a scone with clotted cream and jam each and a slice of cake and a small shortbread strawberry tart type cake. This was I think £17 each. The scone was a bit hard and crumbly for my liking although it was definitely all home made. I also thought they would have been better to provide a different type of cake as with strawberry jam, strawberry tart and Victoria sponge with strawberry jam it was all quite samey. That said it was a pleasant afternoon but just not the best afternoon tea I have ever had
The reason I probably wont be coming back here is the customers if I am honest. I found most of the guests whilst we were there to be quite snobby and almost rude to the staff. You definitely got a feeling that some of the customers thought they were a cut above the rest. I might have just had an off day with the customers on this day- but I have heard this from friends who have visited here too and found the same thing with some of the people that go here. Its a shame really, as I say, the staff were all very pleasant and I did feel sorry for them with the way some of the customers spoke to them

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Excellent food but a bit pricy and dressy, I would only go here for a special occasion.. We went with family and it was very nice but a bit formal, found it hard to relax, felt like we had to whisper all the time

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wonderful food and surroundings, and the service is second to none!! We went for our anniversary and it couldn't have been better!! An absolutely wonderful place!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staying in a cottage for a week and after consulting TA we settled on Walletts Court for our meal on the evening of my 65th. birthday. Walletts Court is a lovely old building but could prove a little difficult for some disabled.
The restaurant can only be descibed as pretentious, pretending to be better than it is. After the chef's 'amuse' we had saddle of lamb, beautifully cooked with the vegetables hidden beneath it. The dessert menu was too 'posh' to appeal to us so we both went for cheese.
Overall it did not live up to our expectations.