“Great pub” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion - CLOSED

Red Lion
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited on Sunday lunch time had a very warm welcome from John, good selection of drinks and had lunch me and my partner both had the steak and ale pie and it's not very ofter the words come put of my mouth but the food was fantastic, I will be recommending the Red Lion to all of my friends .

1 Thank Allan G

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Couldn't fault the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've driven past the pub a few times and always wanted to pop in. Well, last Sunday I eventually did and i'm ashamed it took me so long. We decided to take a small trip to the pub for lunch and will definitely be going back again. I could not fault the food at all. I had lovely bit of beef and even the childrens portions looked a fair size. Unfortunately, I was unable to drink as I was driving but will definitely be coming back

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sam S
Wickford, England, United Kingdom
“Extremely good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Our party of 5 all had a very nice meal in this quaint pub. The landlord and staff were all very attentive. My Husband very much enjoyed the pints of 'Doombar' and my 6 year old Grandaughter, the bag of sweets she was given by the landlord. We will definitely be going back !

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Cheryl S
wales
“Unpretentious proper country pub.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Proper village pub with down to earth menu. Wine was good ( red and white) and food portions large. One to go back to when in the area.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank glyn59
Kent, United Kingdom
“Nice country pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Recently stayed at the holiday park and saw this pub a few times while driving past so we decided to pop in for some food, when we entered everyone seemed friendly and was asked if we wanted to sit i the restaurant or the bar, we chose the restaurant. We sat down and the chef came out straight away, he seemed a tad short and a bit like we were taking our time choosing what we wanted although he did make small talk. The lady at the bar was friendly and the food was nice and good value for money.

• Visited October 2013