“Half term madness”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Margaret's at Cliffe
St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Eastbourne
“Half term madness”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 6 and 10 year old children, we stayed in a bronze bungalow which was quite near the club house and noise was heard a little until about 1 am luckily we are heavy sleepers. Accommodation was clean and warm with plenty of heaters and basic kitchen and cooker with microwave which we used for breakfast mainly and hot drinks.
Evening entertainment was o.k if you we're under 7 or 8 the staff worked very hard to keep kids entertained especially the Halloween theme, they had a karaoke after if you like that sort of thing.
The restaurant food was o.k but they were short staffed on the Sunday and they forgot the kids pizza which I did complain about and we were refunded, but the manager was not about and the they were also a chef short ......mmm bit bad considering it was half term.
The kids loved the pool even though it was a bit basic
Overall considering we used our Tesco reward vouchers for accommodation it was an o.k 3 night stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank H S
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi HS,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I must apologise for the late night noise, I have fed this back to the relevant department and will be looking into the matter. I am also sorry for the issues you had with dinner, I am pleased that the staff dealt with the matter at the time and offered you a refund.

Our entertainment team do try their best to keep all ages entertained. This season we have a fantastic entertainment team who train very hard to keep their act up to date and fresh.

We hope to see you again at St Margaret's Bay.

Park Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Welcomed by friendly informative staff and directed to our caravan. We were delighted to find the heating had already been put on and it was cosy and warm. All the rooms were larger than expected because it had been adapted for wheelchair use. We later discovered we had been upgraded without asking. This was a good base to visit many surrounding attractions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi, and thank you so much for taking the time to share your lovely review with us :) We really appreciate all of the feedback that we receive, and I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay! Thanks again for your wonderful comments regarding our staff, I'll pass them on to the team as I'm sure it will make their day. I hope to see you on-site again sometime soon :)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed on this camp so we knew that if things were the same, we would be happy. They are the same, the bungalows are comfortable, everything you need including uptodate efficient heaters, heated towel rail in bathroom, lovely. We stayed from 12 November for 4 nights so it was pretty cold outside but we didn't have to worry! No entertainment but we didn't expect any at this time of year and knew that St Margaret's has some loverly pubs! The Coastguard on the beach and The Smugglers Inn in the village both provide excellent meals and good atmosphere. We love this camp - the staff have always been very friendly and helpful - we will be back again. No good if you want loads of kid-based stuff and noisy stuff but ideal for us; peace-loving semi-oldies who like walking. There are plenty of things if you jump in the car too, Canterbury for shopping for instance, we used the Park and Ride for ease and it was great £2.50 for a car and up to 6 passengers compared to £2.50 an hour in town!

Room Tip: Choose a brick built bungalow!
1 Thank alibongo53
Hi, and thanks so much for your review :) I'm glad to hear that we lived up to your expectations for your second holiday, and I hope we'll get to welcome you back for a third! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the local pubs as well, and thank you for sharing your tips for other visitors :) Thanks again!
Great Yeldham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed on a long weekend break, we arrived late due to delays on the M25 but the staff were very kind, helpful and informative, the caravan was very clean and tidy and had all the items needed the beds were made and although it was cold and windy outside the heating was already on and it was lovely and warm. The food was excellent and not overly priced the bar was cosy with a nice tv and i enjoyed having a drink and watching the footie!. St Margarets at Cliffe was a beautiful place with spectacular scenery.

1 Thank Pauline B
Hello Pauline

I would like to thank you for leaving such a positive review. It is always enjoyable to hear that our customers have fully enjoyed their experience at St Margaret's Bay

I'm pleased to hear that we were able to help in creating amazing memories for you and your family during your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future to create many more memories

Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this Half term break after a really lovely holiday last October at another Park Resorts site. We opted for the Gold Plus caravan as we wanted the central heating & double glazing, and also because the quality had been so good that the previous resort. We were a little disappointed at the standard of the van, it did not seem quite as well kept as we would have liked, the little things were the problem, such as the fact that they had stuffed a King size duvet into a double duvet cover, which was not very comfortable to sleep under. The other big issue was that there is no parking directly next to the accomodation, which meant fighting for spaces & paddling through mud. Not great if it is raining all the time as it was when we went! The entertainment I saw was very poor & I must say that one of the staff in particular really didn't seem to want to be there. We went down on Halloween night, after 10 as they advertised karaoke which we really wanted to do. The kids were still doing activities until around 10.30, which was fair enough, it being Halloween, but after this was done we were told 'Karaoke will start shortly', after which 2 books were dumped on stage. One of the entertainment staff then left & the other sat & talked to her friends & looked very bored. So we didn't get to do karaoke at all! The restaurant was ok, but they close dead on 9pm (asking for food at 9.03pm was a no go) & when we did have food there was only a very limited menu, but it was end of season so I guess this was to be expected. The restaurant was very tired. Overall it was a good location & we knew it was a quiet site, but I was very disappointed after what we have previously experienced & I would recommend going to a 'lively' site, as at least then you have the option of what you want to do rather than being restricted. I would not recommend this site I'm afraid - sorry.

Room Tip: Check where you will be located so you know how far you are from your car
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djnic
Park R, Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I’m sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your holiday expectations, on this occasion. Unfortunately we don’t have direct parking next to all accommodation units, however should a guest require this then we welcome them to call us directly prior to their arrival and we will do our best to honour their request. I apologise that you were provided with a king-size duvet inside a double duvet cover. I can appreciate this is not suitable and I have raised this with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure it doesn’t happen again. I am sorry that you feel you wouldn’t recommend us but having said this I do hope you will enjoy many more holidays at other Park Resorts parks
Holbeach, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here on a midweek break (mon to fri) for half term. We were given bungalow 136 which is privately owned and very very comfortable. Not a lot to do onsite but all the children were interested in was the pool, just an average swimming pool no slides or anything but still kept them entertained. The only minor complaint was that there seems to be a lack of footpaths around the site and no matter where you managed to park you had to walk across grass, fine on dry days but unfortunately we had rain every day. Also very close to the ferries and eurotunnel so we took advantage of a day to france without the 4 hour drive home straight afterwards!

Room Tip: bungalow 136 as it's on the end but not too far from the centre
London
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We loved everything best holiday we have had in this country. You would think you could choose something to fault but we could not. Infact the accommodation, food, & entertainment was first class. What is amazing is that we got this holiday through the sun newspaper the only difference was that we paid £40.00 for an upgrade. On behalf of myself Tony my wife Linda and children Grace & David thanks to all the staff at St Margarets for making a stay a very rememberable one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Margaret's at Cliffe
Premier Inn Dover East Hotel
Loddington House
Loddington House
#7 of 9 in Dover

Been to St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!