“A really delightful dinner”
Review of Jinnah

Jinnah
Ranked #10 of 93 Restaurants in Selby
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Offering the best curry's Yorkshire Jinnah Selby is located inside an amazing indian atmosphere with A light-filled dining room with high ceilings and chandeliers for curries from the Kashmir region.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I don't often go into Selby, but was invited along to Jinnah for a work dinner and what a place!

It is a converted music hall I believe and the building inside is amazing, very art deco with huge palms, and a high ceiling, very clean and very tastefully decorated.

The menu is exhaustive, mainly Kashmiri cuisine, but with a smattering of balti dishes and the usual suspects that you would get in an Indian restaurant. The menu prices were really reasonable, around 9 quid for a main and there were buffet options as well. For a starter we went for a mixed special for 4 between 6 of us, which was a combination of all sorts of yummy treats served up on the most delicious roti bread that we were all fighting over it. We were all pretty stuffed after just the starter. I would recommend that you don't order for the number of people at the table, as there is just too much food.

I had a Peshwari chicken dish for my main which was divine. In fact everyone ordered different meals and there was silence for a while as we all savoured the wonderful flavours of our food - none of us could fault it at all.

The loo's were spotless, the service faultless and friendly, and the prices really reasonable. Sitting inside the restaurant and looking around at the decor and architecture, I couldn't quite 'believe that I was in Selby, it felt like a little piece of India. I would absolutely recommend that people try this place, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recently celebrated my 50th birthday at The Jinnah and there isn't another place where I would have wanted to celebrate it.
Kamal and his wonderful team of staff couldn't have done anything else to make it more of a super evening for me and our 56 guests. Some of our guests have never been to Selby and they couldn't get over what a gem we have right here on our doorsteps, this restaurant really is a credit to Selby.
We had poppadum's and pickles to start, followed by the choice of three curries, rice, naan bread and then birthday cake. And THEN we danced the night away to the disco.
We celebrated on a Saturday evening and the restaurant was still open to other customers, who seemed to enjoy the disco too and the staff did a marvellous job of looking after them as well as catering for all our guests.
I have had nothing but positive feedback from our guests, from the surroundings, to the food and all "The Jinnah Team"
I cannot thank and praise them all enough.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went on a Sunday to celebrate Father's Day. We chose the self-service buffet at £10.95. Prior to that it was popadoms with the usual sauces etc, followed by an array of bhagees, meat etc. For the buffet there was a varied selection of meats, vegetables and rice and naan bread delivered to the table. Desserts were also included in the price and consisted of cheesecake and/or fresh fruit. The friendliness and professionalism of all the staff was impressive too. Lovely surroundings too. We are new to Selby and this will be the place for those special occasions. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Ron G
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This restaurant is excellent. Very nice food very friendly staff. Very clean. Not too expensive either. We went on wed eve for a delicious meal and returned yesterday eve for an other very yummy meal. Hopefully, when back in the area, we like to go there again. Highly recommended u will be not dissapointed.wish i could eat there NOW, but back in norfolk now

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Dropped in here on Sunday evening and must say was surprised at the size of the surroundings. A good atmosphere and very attentive staff, the food we ordered came in excellent portions, well cooked with attention to detail in the spicing. Relatively good vfm as well so would definately return again. Excellent experience.