“Outstanding”

Hazeldene Guest House
Ranked #1 of 9 Selby B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

Think your favourite aunt's home. This is the best b&b I have stayed in a long time. Forget the preconceived ideas of guest house and think very clean, very comfy and most very welcoming. Not dated at all. I would not hesitate to come back here for pleasure, even though this trip is business. The rooms are immaculate, everywhere pristine and the fluffiest best smelling towels Ever, so much so, i haven't even brought one from home this trip. Exceptional value, set-you-up-for-the-day breakfast and safe and sound feeling at night. Ample parking. This is outstanding and as I travel alone I stay some places that are alright for me but I wouldn't to visit out of work. This is the exception I hope I come back here with my family. Well done I can't praise you're b&b enough.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Wilkiebean
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback and taking the time to post a review.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family; I will even stock the bar with your favorite tipple!

Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon

Take Care

Reviewed April 12, 2012

In total we and some of our family have visited Hazeldene Guest House, situated in our home town of Selby for 6 or 7 times. We have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The various rooms we have occupied have always been clean and comfortable with a hearty Yorkshire breakfast to follow the nights rest. We are looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank BernardandJoan
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank for your kind comments and taking the time to post a review.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We got excellent value for money staying at the Hazeldene. The rooms are clean and of a good size. The location was perfect for us and the welcome friendly.
Having to eat breakfast before 9am on a weekend is a bit early!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ManchesterEmmy

Thank you for your kind comments and taking the time to post a review.

I take on board your comments about the breakfast times and I will address this.

Once again thank you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This was a great place to stay. We were made to feel very welcome and our room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was freshly cooked and very enjoyable, with a lovey dining room to sit in. The B&B is located within close distance to the station giving good links to York. Great place to stay, to enjoy the lovely place of Selby itself and the City of York. Would definietely stay again. Great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
hazeldeneSelby, Manager at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments and taking the time to post a review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 24, 2012

just returned from a 2 night stay at hazeldeans, beutifully decorated through out, exelent staff they couldnt do enough for us. amazing choice for breakfast we couldnt believe that was all included in the price, we have stayed in hotels that have been 3 times the price, and they havent given half the service and comfort that was given at hazeldeans. overall great base for visiting surrounding areas such as york, cleandleness, comfort and hospitality are second to none. we would not hessitate to recomend, we will be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights for business. Was allocated Room 5 - a lovely spacious room with the miost comfortable bed in the world. WiFi doesn't work too well in the room - it may be worth contacting a network specilist to help with fixing that. Room has storage heaters so difficult to adjust the heat if you are too hot / cold. Bathroom was freezing all the time. I would have been happier with a bit more desk space, but it was adequate enough. Although the windows don't open, it was fun watching the neighbours dogs in the garden next door.
Breakfast was lovely, but I felt I couldn't have a lie-in as finishes at 8.30am. I know I could have asked for a later one, but the lady on in the morning had a hairdressing appointment at 9am so I wouldn't have got one. Never mind.
The accomodation is clean and friendly. aalthough I don't think they doo a through clean beween nights if you are staying for more than one. My room had a little 2 seater sofa in it - which was very nice, but I dropped something down the side of it on the morning I was leaving, and on lifting the cushions, I for a CD-rom disk, a dirty comb and food debris, so I don't think that gets cleaned at all.
Very close to town centre, though not many places to eat in the evening.
Would probably stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Room 5 overlooks the back of the house, is above the dining room (therefore you will get smell of co...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nikypLondon
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Lovely place very cosy and clean. Sue was friendly and welcoming. Had a lovely stay, breakfast was great. Thanks from the Walker family.

Room Tip: parking behind the property. Could not see the sign leading us to spot because of over grown foliage...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments and taking the time to post a review.

Just to let you know, we have have all the ivy cut back to make the car park sign much more visable.

We hope to see you all again soon.

Take Care