“Just a fab sunday dinner ( and pud ! )”

The George and Dragon
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Selby
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Called in for sunday dinner with my husband and had the best Sunday dinner ive had in yonks.......Lashings of fresh veg, roast spuds new potatoes. Perfect beef and lamb and a gravy to die for. And proper yorkshires.....bliss. Had black cherry crumble and custard...hubby has an ice cream fettish so he had ice cream and strawberrys. Great landlady and hubby behind bar. They bend over backwards to make sure our visit was a happy one......This is def going to be my regular sunday dinner feeding hole. Just hope too many people dont read this review as i may struggle for a table !!

1  Thank slaterservices

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We booked as a party of 6 on fri 5th July. We had no prior knowledge of the pub and only visited per the trip advisor ratings. We were made really welcome from walking in for the first time to leaving at the end of the night. Very homely traditional style pub. Really nice bar meals, plenty of choice, much nicer then most places, well presented, proper chips and good value for money - this is just what we wanted. The service was really friendly and the whole pub had a jolly atmosphere - (we didn't get stared at as the outsiders who hadn't been before). The local customers were lovely. If you want a tasty bar meal definitely give this pub a try. We will be visiting again very soon. Many thanks to the owners/staff for a lovely evening.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very friendly staff, obviously proud of what they do but sadly it was not a No1 experience for us this evening. Continuing on the positive side, my wife really enjoyed her Chinese chicken and would definitely go back for more, but my burger was overcooked and the chips were not crisp and golden brown - more a soggy dark brown like they had been cooked in oil which was well past its change time. My daughters Stilton pie had the jury out..... it was very tasty, the meat was good quality and there was lots of it. However, reheated pie can never be a winner in my book, pastry doesn't cope with 2 sessions in the oven and always ends up as this was.... like cardboard. Childrens portion of chicken goujons was definitely home made but sadly at £6 it seemed expensive due to the same sad chips and the very small amount of chicken (lots of batter). Better off going to the Fox in Thorpe Willoughby.

2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Took our friends here for something to eat. We weren't disappointed. Excellent food and service with a smile and a laugh what more could you want. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We called in this evening whilst visiting my parents on the narrow boat moored further down the village, would probably not have normally called but it was close and looked fine from the outside. Very friendly lady greeted us and I had the special, Steak, port and Stilton pie, again something I probably would not have normally had but so glad I did it was divine. All 5 of us really enjoyed our meals and were fully satisfied, a great find will definately call again and would definately recommend!