“Nice spot ”

Jammie Olive Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 103 Restaurants in Selby
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in for the first time at the weekend

I had the eggy bread with bacon, smoked cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms

It came well presented and looked very appetising

Whilst I enjoyed the dish it wasn’t really as it sounded
The cheese wasn’t smoked and the eggy bread must of dodged the egg...
So more like cheese on toast

That said it tasted great and was a good portion

My wife had the Welsh rarebit
Again it came well presented and a very good sized portion
Again If there was one thing to pick from it it’s there wasn’t quite enough cheese on it , and the chilly jam would of been better served on the side for you to add yourself
But it was all eaten and enjoyed

Would we go again....
Yes we would

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (20)

Reviewed August 27, 2019

OMG the Welsh Rarebit was delicious.
It’s a must have from the menu.
I know I should have taken a photo but I just couldn’t wait to eat it.
Oh yes, the surroundings are cosy and the staff are super helpful and friendly too.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

Went for brunch - portions huge - thick bread, nice selection of teas. Friendly staff- will be returning when in the area and defo recommend.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Had been here with my grandmother auntie and daughter last week and had been impressed with the food and service, today took my parents and daughter and was so disappointed. After being eventually seated we waited to order drinks these arrived but our food order was only taken when we finally got a waitress to notice us. Cafe was not full but others who arrived after us were served well before us. My dad had to enquire on the whereabouts of our food after we'd waited for over 45 mins. Our drinks were by then cold but I was reluctant to order more due to their tardyness. The waitress we asked offered no apology and didn't come back to us but a few minutes later our food arrived. My mum and I had sandwiches which were on stodgy white bread, whilst my daughter had toast which was served cold and my dad's toasted sandwich was also cold. No apology was offered for the delay and when I asked for mayo I was made to wait 5 mins before a pot was shoved on the table without a word from the staff. We had planned to have desserts but after 2 hrs in the cafe just wanted to get home. We hoped to ask for the bill but no one was around. We made our way to the till and saw a queue for the ice-cream counter but no staff. Eventually a waitress appeared for us to pay at the counter and we got a lame '2 staff phoned in sick so it's very busy" - not good customer service, no apology... What a disappointing experience, I'd have expected at some stage either free drinks or nibbles to be offered. Don't think we'll return.

1  Thank 123cer2019
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Delicious lunch at this little restaurant in Selby. Staff are very welcoming. Good varied menu...interesting breakfast choices ( available all day) sandwiches, toastie, salads, cake etc and a couple of daily specials. The food was tasty, beautifully presented and portions were generous and good value. Food going to other tables looked good too! Our first visit...we will return!!