“Always top of my list!!!!”
Review of Osteria 23 - CLOSED

Osteria 23
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With our friendly and relaxed atmosphere, drop in for some typical cicchetti (tapas) to share with your friends and family or come and visit us for a lovely evening out. (Booking advisable for Friday and Saturdays) Our menu hosts a delicious range of dishes, with something for everyone. Complement these with our selection of fine Italian wine. Children and Parties Welcome Children are very welcome here at A Tavola and we have a great kids menu. To make the eperience more enjoyable for them, they will be able to create their own pizzas, right from your table! We also cater for group parties, both adults and children (booking necessary).
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular customer at osteria 23 resteraunt, the staff are always friendly and fast on there feet to get you whatever you want. The menu changed 2month ago and with that the prices dropped also. I believe you definitely get your money's worth. The food is delicious Italian cuisine, and it's actually nice to go into an Italian resteraunt with Italian staff. I don't understand why some people complain, when they would spend more money In other Italian resteraunts like Frankie and Benny's and it's not authentic.

2  Thank Amcin94

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I wrote a review on this place some time ago and have used it often.

The owners have also set up a nearby cafe which they run during the day time. I think this is at the expense of keeping the quality high at the resturrant.

Service is still good but the prices have now gone up so you pay £25 for a steak and veg but the food quality has gone down.

What used to be great food at good prices has now changed to ok food at expensive prices and I think there are better local options.

Shame really as this once great place needs a refocus from the owners to get it back to where it once was.

Afraid to say that although I will still use this place it is no longer top of my list as it once was.

1  Thank garyinyork
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very lovely restaurant food has always been great , just the menu doesn't change so gets very boring

1  Thank Loulou240986
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a really great meal with 10 of us all choosing from a wide variety on the menu. A number of us went for vegetarian or fish dishes and they were all excellent. The service was just right with our waiter making sure we were all looked after in terms of drinks etc all evening. The only small fault was that the music was a bit techno every now and then but other than that I can't fault it and will certainly go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was disapointed with my meal - it consisted of a starter (3 spare ribs) with very little meat attached - a main course of lasagne (very average) we shared a sweet - undiscribable ! a very pretentious menue - a pity the food didn't live up to the descriptions I would have thought some italian music in the background would have been atmospheric and not the noise we heard. The drinks were far too expensive for a place like this. The Ritz it certainly is not. As for returning - Never

1  Thank amberKeighley