All reviews porthole restaurant view of the bay superior room giants causeway restaurant staff an evening meal smoked salmon waiting staff jacuzzi bath first floor open fire steak short break antrim coast fantastic hotel both nights main course
Reviewed February 22, 2019

Excellent, service, location and food..All exceptional. Surrounding areas, Castle, beaches, breath taking views in surrounding areas. If you are a Game of Thrones fan, easy access to breathtaking filming locations.

Room tip: Room with a view / balcony superb
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2019 via mobile

Just back from 2 nights in this little gem of a hotel. The staff are some friendly, food amazing and a spectacular view. Myself my 3 kids and mam and dad had a really relaxing stay at the bayview. Close to the giant causeway and rope bridge which we visited during our stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

After mulling over the usual options in the North Coast, we decided to take a trip to the Bayview Hotel. My parents in law have been married for over 30 years and once upon a time had their wedding reception there. This was their first trip back and the meal did not disappoint. Friendly faces, modern decor with personality and the same killer view! Starters, mains and desserts came out promptly with due care and attention. This place is ideal for couples, small to large families and everything in between. I just want to go back there and enjoy a pint due to the great atmosphere and buzz.
The ONLY I'd say that would be a hindrance for my wife and I going for food again would be the lack of vegetarian options. Whilst the restaurant has an exquisite menu for carnivores like myself, it does little to cater to non meat eaters. There were two options and they are the exact same options we repeatedly find in many many restaurants - a goats cheese tartlet (not everyone's cup of tea at the best of times) and a tomato based penne pasta. Disappointing slightly as there were many options on the menu that would have been easy to offer a 'veggie twist'. And no, the customer should not have to ask and feel like an inconvenience. My wife ended up ordering some sides which were lovely and some salad and coleslaw but I do think the range could be better.
Overall, our family experience was very positive and I would more than happily recommend this hotel to others.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2019

I stayed at the Bayview Hotel last weekend with my two grandchildren and my daughter.
I can honestly say that the hotel surpassed my expectations on every level.
You might wonder why this is? simply because it has 3 stars and I don’t expect perfection at this level. We had a perfect weekend.
The room was wonderful. It was spacious, spotless,tastefully done and had absolutely everything,including bottles of water , crisps for the kids, local home made oatcakes, a real coffee maker ,and lovely fluffy towels .
The staff were ,without exception helpful and pleasant.and the food was very good. We didn’t plan to but decided to eat in the hotel both nights. The view from the dining room is exceptional, with stunning sea views.
Trevor Kane is ever present, checking each detail and finding time to talk to guests individually, and the included the kids.
To my mind a 4* experience at a great price.

Room tip: A seaview is the ultimate location
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2019

We always return to the Bayview time after time and its just gets better. The team at the Hotel are simply outstanding offering the best customer service , genuinely ensuring their guests are treated to an extra special time. Many hospitality establishments should take a leaf out of their book! The rooms are perfect, spotless , spacious and have lots of attention to detail. We had been advised just before our stay that the lift would be out of action , this could have been difficult with 3 of the guests over 80, but we were given an extra adjoin room on the first floor which was just perfect. Thank you so much. The lift was only out of order for a very minimal period of time , but the staff simply could not do enough for us. The food in the restaurant, breakfast and dinner was superb and again we had the most wonderful team of staff looking after us with genuine , natural customer service. Recently refurbished the hotel is looking fantastic. Simply cannot say enough about how good The Bayview is . Thank you for making my Godmother's 80th so special. See you again soon !

• Trip type: Traveled with family
trevorkane01, Owner at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2019

Dear Ingrid, we are so pleased that you and your party of guests enjoyed staying with us, thank you so much for your kind and positve comments.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,
Kind Regards, Trevor and Team Bayview