“Excellent hotel with beautiful views!”
Review of Bayview Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bayview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portballintrae
“Excellent hotel with beautiful views!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel. We were most impressed with every aspect of our stay. The room was very clean, comfortable and fresh with a super view from the large window. The staff were friendly and efficient, both reception and waiting staff. The breakfasts were of a very high standard. Both my husband and I felt we had the best breakfast here of any hotel in which we have stayed. We also had dinner on one evening which was excellent also with a wide range of choice. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to stay while visiting the beautiful North Coast. We love photography and the sunsets at the front of the hotel as well as a short distance along the coast at Dunluce Castle are second to none!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Down, Northern Ireland
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a room with a lovely sea view and balcony. Great shower and bathroom. Duvet on the bed wasn't very thick though. There was a menu for breakfast and I had smoked salmon which was very plentiful. Had a good fry the next morning. Well run especially as it was the North West weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
norfolk
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is a great hotel with a car park and friendly staff.We had requested a room with seaview and were not disappointed. The view was awesome, having a drink and watching the sunset. Our room also had a spa bath. The hotel had a restaurant which seemed popular but my daughter (who lives in USA) had a hankering for fish and chips. So we drove into Bushmill and Hip Chip to get some, which we ate sitting on a bench overlooking the bay, delicious. A perfect end to a perfect day.

Room Tip: we asked for one with a sea view when we booked.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went to stay at Bayview hotel last week for two nights(wish we could have stayed longer) it was fantastic from the staff to the food to the cleanliness of the hotel. We had a wee party for my husbands 50th on our second night the food in the restaurant was delicious out of 12 of us everybody thoroughly enjoyed their meal and the staff even sang happy birthday for us! I asked for a seaview room and that is what we got the views over the atlantic were spectacular. The breakfast was lovely I had poached eggs and bacon one morning and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon the next both were delicious. We would like to thank all of the staff for giving us a most pleasurable stay and a lovely warm welcome, we will be back!

2 Thank Katepatt
Northern Ireland
Reviewed May 18, 2014

…nothing special, it could easily be a 5 star hotel but I can only give it an average rating because of the quality of food and I didn't enjoy eating in the noisy overcrowded restaurant area, the hotels location is fabulous though overlooking the bay and the Irish sea.

I found the food very overpriced and below average in quality. The evening menu was neither enticing nor worth the money. The open plan restaurant, which is also open to the bar was very busy, noisy, and the décor dated or tasteless. It wasn’t a great place to relax over dinner and enjoy the sea views.

When booking the restaurant we asked for a table at the window but didn’t get one. We were told that our request was only that and they couldn’t offer us a table at the window on the night. Could they not have told us that when we booked? For starters the Tapenade style breads, oils and olives was certainly the worst starter of breads and olives I have had. The big wedges of bread tasted stale and the four or five tiny olives seemed to me to be out of a jar from the supermarket! It was a very poor quality starter and I just couldn’t be bothered finishing it, neither was I in the mood for confrontation by complaining how bad it was. I then had the duck for my main course, it was tasty enough but most of what was heaped onto my plate was too fatty to eat. The following night dinner at the Tartine restaurant in Bushmill’s was so much better in terms of quality and enjoyment.

The Superior room was good, nothing really superior except it had sea views. The standard rooms face the car park at the back of the hotel. Our room which was on the first floor had a large balcony with used cigarette ends thrown onto it and overlooking the restaurant flat roof which actually blocked the views of the bay a little. Perhaps the second or third floor rooms would offer interrupted sea views? The larger balconies on the first floor however could be nice in the summer months and as it appeared ideal for smokers!

I really liked the bar area though, well designed with a variety of seating and excellent for visitors and locals. The open fire was lovely with comfy seats and table beside it, a nice place to unwind when the weather turns bad.

I would maybe go back sometime, the hotels in a great location, but with the competition around in this beautiful part of Northern Ireland, including that from Guest Houses, who knows if I will be back. The restaurant and quality of food would have to improve before I would eat here again in the evening though, but given the downsides I still enjoyed my weekend away.

(PS the bright balcony lights which came on when it was dark were a real pain! It may be nice to have the hotel lit up and be seen from the bay, but not nice for guests to enjoy their balcony in the evening)

Room Tip: Front rooms on the second or third floors should have the best views.
2 Thank NIreland77
Ballymena N. ireland
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Having read previous postings and having just come back after a two-night stay, I can only say that "excellent" is the most appropriate word to use. We had a room with a sea view - a real delight to open the curtains to the superb vista. The breakfast was delightful and I would recommend the salmon & scrambled eggs. Huge bed means an untroubled sleep. We will definitely be back to this gem on the north coast.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

its in an amazing setting, the food i amazing, the staff are so pleasant and it has the most breath taking views! they have live music some nights as well which adds a great ambiance and makes it even more pleasurable and relaxing! it's a great place and well worth the visit! it's superb!

Room Tip: window seats are the best as the view is spectacular so make the request
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portballintrae
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#2 of 8 in Portrush
Inn on the Coast
Inn on the Coast
#3 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!