“As wonderful as ever”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portballintrae
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having just returned from a two-night stay at the Bayview I must agreed the the other reviewers here. Wonderful hospitality and a lovely warm welcome. Like a previous review we had a room overlooking the bay and it was lovely to wake each morning to a stunning view. All staff, without exception were pleasant and professional. Breakfast was fantastic and an excellent cold buffet and a delicious cooked breakfast. We too stayed for an evening meal and our only regret was having a starter - it was big enough to be a main!! Unfortunately because of that we couldn't do the main course justice. However, the food was delish! The owner was more often than not in attendance and worked hard to ensure his guests enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a beautiful view of the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
trevorkane01, Owner at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Mac55, thank you so much for taking time to post such a positive and wonderful review on TA about your experience at Bayview, we are all truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Have many more great short breaks, we all look forward to welcoming you back again some time soon,
Trevor and the Team @ Bayview Hotel Portballintrae

There are newer reviews for Bayview Hotel

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week-end break on the Antrim coast. We live on Merseyside, a mere 30 minute flight to Belfast or Derry, each a short drive from the spectacular causeway coastal drive- why have we never been here before! The scenery is stunning and the Bayview Hotel is right beside the Atlantic Ocean with miles of golden sands right outside the door. The hotel is beautifully appointed and food is delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel which is well situated for visits to the Giants Causeway, Bushmills Distillery and the beautiful Glens of Antrim.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a sea view. Worth every penny!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, WoW, what a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking time to compose and post on TA about your experience at Bayview, we are all truly delighted.
We look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon, meanwhile have many more wonderful and memorable short breaks,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had an overnight stay with breakfast at this hotel. The location is fantastic. The accommodation was excellent and the staff were really friendly and helpful. The owner, Trevor Kane, was extremely helpful and attentive and we were made to feel really welcome. The peat fire was perfect, especially with the view of the sea. Would definitely stay at this hotel again, only for longer. Next time would request a sea view to make it absolute perfection.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marty K, thank you so much for taking time to compose such a wonderful review on TA about your experience at Bayview, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, the peat fire and our exceptional Guinness. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We got a Facebook offer for two nights b&b in a superior room. The room was very spacious with a massive bed and a little balcony overlooking the bay. Breakfast was very good and we had an evening meal there too. The early bird menu was fantastic value - my only criticism is that the service was extremely quick. The Porthole is a lovely wee bar with an open fire - very enjoyable for an afternoon pint of Guinness after a big walk. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking time to compose such a wonderful review on TA about your experience at Bayview, the staff are all delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forwarded to welcoming you back again some time soon,
Kind Regards,
Trevor and the Team @ Bayview Hotel Portballintrae.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife & I have just returned from a two night stay in the Bayview Hotel & had a wonderful break away. Accommodation was first class as was the service & staff making it a very relaxing & pleasant experience. My wife has a wheat/gluten free diet and the restaurant staff could not have been better, making meal times really enjoyable. The location is lovely and we even had wall to wall sunshine during our stay, although , understandably in February, it was very cold outside. The hotel was warm, cosy & welcoming after a short brisk walk. Well done to all the staff.

Room Tip: If given a opportunity, choose a room with a view of the bay. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
trevorkane01, Owner at Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you so much for taking time to compose such a wonderful review on TA about your experience at Bayview, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your meals and the wonderful views from the Restaurant.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon,
Trevor

Reviewed February 25, 2013

we arrived on the 22nd for three nights. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome and at home . our room was lovely at the front with amazing views spotless rooms. the staff could not do enough for you from the cleaning staff to management, if you want a relaxing stay i would look no futher than the bayview. i would recomend the food also. well done to trevor and his staff we will be coming back.

2  Thank louise m

Dear Louise M, WoW, thank you so much for taking time to compose such a wonderful review on TA about you time at Bayview. I've shown your comments to all of the team and they are delighted.
Many thanks for recommending Bayview, we look forward to welcoming you back again some time soon,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We arrived at 8.20pm(23rd feb).pre booked a table for two at 8.45. I firstly went to the bar and got our drinks (bottle of French red for myself and a vodka and coke for the birthday girl).i then went to the waiter for menus and to let him know we had arrived and where we would be sitting while we choose our meals.all good so far..we looked through the menu and picked out what we wanted..a venison and pork starter for myself followed by fillet steak and for my partner, a starter of mixed vegetables on bruschetta with a "selection of dips" (which turned out to be "2" dips only) and for main course the swordfish.
So, we sat there waiting for a member of staff to come take our order...and we sat a little longer..at 8.57pm I felt I couldn't sit and wait any longer so I went up to the waiter at the restaurant till and told him that I wasn't happy that we were still waiting for our order to be taken. He again tried to give me two more menus and I informed him he already gave me menus some 35 minutes previous.this only served to annoy me more and he apologised for forgetting about us,came to the table to take our order.he further offered us a "complementary " bottle of wine which I refused and instead my partner had a Black Russian (well, it was her birthday after all and she wasn't drinking wine). At this point I have to say that the waiter handled the situation really well and his apology for forgetting about us was sincere. Actually I think he was more a restaurant manager than a waiter.

A few minutes later our food was ready and we were shown to our table. Two helium filled birthday balloons were already placed on the table, which I thought was a nice touch and showed us that they were certainly trying to make amends for forgetting about us. This act along with the sincere apology and complementary drink for the birthday girl certainly worked well as we were both smiling again and looking forward to our food. We have eaten here many times in the past and always enjoyed the food.
The starters were both very nice apart from one thing...I had to ask for a "steak knife" for my partner as she was having terrible problems cutting through the bruschetta with the butter knife, maybe this starter should be accompanied with a steak knife when ordered to save the customer any embarrassing sawing actions. Next to arrive, our mains. Both absolutely gorgeous and I remarked to my partner that the smell of her swordfish reminded me of Portugal and the times I had eaten it there myself..yes, the main courses were very tasty. We then had a desert each which were also very nice and my partners desert came with two candles that "relit" themselves every time she blew them out..a nice wee touch by the bayview. Oh, and they sang happy birthday to her too.lol.

So, after a shaky start to our evening at the Bayview Hotel, a 1st class recovery from the manager and other members of staff we had a very good night out and it was "hard to get money" we'll spent and we will be back again soon like I have been doing for the past five years.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank batmansnr

Dear Batmansnr, thank you for taking time to compose a wonderful review on TA about your experience at Bayview. It is great to know that although after a shaky start by our staff, all was done to ensure that you and your partner eventually had an enjoyable time.
I am so glad that you both enjoyed your meals and the ambiance of Bayview, we all look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon,
Kind Regards,
Trevor and the team @ Bayview, Portballintrae.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portballintrae
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#2 of 8 in Portrush
Magherabuoy House Hotel
Magherabuoy House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!