“Paddleboarding in Portballintrae”
Review of Surf Sup NI

Surf Sup NI
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first SUP Surf school in N. Ireland and are based right beside the world famous Giants Causeway - in the majestic and scenic port of Portballintrae, Co. Antrim.We offer SUP lessons, SUP courses, SUPfaris and team development fun.John has been instructing sport for 20 years and his passion for SUP will surely rub off on you!"I provide a safe and friendly experience, focusing on getting you on your feet and enjoying this fabulous sport."
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The wind was howling and the rain pouring for my first experience paddleboarding, but this had to be one of the most fun events of the summer. Portballintrae is beautiful and an great place for a beginner. Jennifer is an excellent instructor and covered all of the necessary details to make a novice feel confident. We ended the session with some games that has left a permanent smile on our faces. Great time, well worth the money, and highly recommended. Lastly, don't let any bad weather stop you from paddleboarding. Once you get the wetsuit on you won't feel cold.

Dr. Ajit Korgaokar

"great instructor"
in 6 reviews
"paddle boarding lesson"
in 2 reviews
"real sense of achievement"
"instructions"
in 8 reviews
"knees"
"expert"

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was my first time paddle boarding and I'm so glad I did it - it was brilliant fun! My main reservation was about feeling cold in the water but the wet suits and booties provided,kept me warm.
John was an excellent instructer, he was very clear and attentive and the structure of the class was well thought out and loads of fun.
The Portballintrae area is beautiful and I would definitely recommend this class, I'll be booking my next lesson soon!

2  Thank MAReKh80
Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a great experience...John is an attentive instructor on the water. Would thoroughly recommend it!

1  Thank lick17
Reviewed June 1, 2014

John is an excellent teacher with a lot of patience! U feel u have achieved a lot after a lesson. It's a fun activity and well worth trying. Very good value for money.

1  Thank Dervla M
See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just back from a weekend in North Coast for my birthday, and as a B'day treat my wife booked me a SUP lesson with John from Surf SUPNI. Arrived for my one to one lesson with the sun shining and the water flat calm - perfect! Met John, who immediately put me at ease and we got straight down to it. A few simple exercises on the jetty and away we went onto the water. With John's expert tutorials, we step through each stage efficiently and in no time at all I was paddling across the bay. Brilliant experience and real sense of achievement. Could imagine the craic with a small group doing this, Fun exercises and games make sure you are away challenging yourself. Highly recommended for all to try this, you can take your time and learn at your own pace, but you will at least be standing up on a board at the end of it - something not always possible after a wave surfing lesson. Excellent location with convenient parking and great equipment to use. Recommend this to all.

2  Thank 111111MarkH