“Amazing experience with an excellent instructor!!!!”
Review of Surf Sup NI

Surf Sup NI
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the first SUP Surf school in N. Ireland and are based right beside the world famous Giants Causeway - in the majestic and scenic port of Portballintrae, Co. Antrim.We offer SUP lessons, SUP courses, SUPfaris and team development fun.John has been instructing sport for 20 years and his passion for SUP will surely rub off on you!"I provide a safe and friendly experience, focusing on getting you on your feet and enjoying this fabulous sport."
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Wow!!! I would HIGHLY recommend doing stand up surfing! The water in portballintrae is so clear and beautiful! We felt so safe on the brand new state of the art equipment and John our instructor was brilliant!!! It's rare to get an instructor who can cater for a range of abilities but still keep it fun and informative for everyone at the same time!!! I cant wait to go paddleboarding again and there is no other place Id go!!! Thanks for a great workout, great craic and the thrill of learning something new in a beautiful part of NI!!!!

1  Thank Rachael_Brooks

Reviewed April 17, 2012

It came as quite a shock to learn that my husband had booked a lesson for myself and our 3 kids as part of the sport relief weekend !! Under normal circumstances I would probably never have agreed to it but as it was such a worthwhile cause , I couldnt refuse !! The kids had done a bit before but I was a complete novice and felt quite apprehensive . John is a great instructor and immediately put me at ease . The lesson was really good fun and I couldnt believe how quickly I was able to stand up and paddle !! The kids ( ages 11,16 and 17 ) really enjoyed it too , especially when I fell in !! This is a great activity that I would recommend to familys or individuals and I'm really glad we did it , so thank you John and thank you Alan for signing us up for it !!

1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed April 10, 2012

On a cold Easter Sunday morning my Easter Gift to my family (son age 9 and partner) was a 2 hour SUP Boarding Lesson with John. John was great, firstly giving an overview of the board and safety talk which was fun and light and made part of the day. Heading to the water Johns instucions were clear and wasn't long before the boys where out on their own with the board into the bay. The weather was freezing but that did not put the competative spirit off (boys will be boys no matter what the age). They both were standing quickly and totally enjoyed the time and the opportunity to try something different. Lots of laughs and falling in. Thank you John. Please try this, it is great fun for all the family no matter how cold it is worth the laughs and fun. My son has not stopped watching the video I took and talking about it. GREAT FUN.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

John's laid back surfer attitude was really reassuring, we where on our feet before we even thought about it, the craic was brilliant as we crossed the bay. The games where great fun but enforced all we had been taught. Could not recommend this experience any higher, can't wait to get back for an improvers lesson.

Pam and Brian

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Had an amazing afternoon, I'm not the most confident in the water, but that seemed to all disappear when out on the paddle boards under John's instruction, had great fun, lots of laughs and stayed upright on the board!!!..... Would recommend this to anyone who wants to try something a bit different this summer.. Thanks again John.. I hope to sign up to one of your SUP trips in the summer.