“"STILL the BEST"”
Review of Spice

Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at Spice our Head Chef, Zia Ali, has been established for over 35 years and served Chorleywood and now Chalfont St Peter since 1994. We as a team take great pride in providing an irresistible variety of authentic dishes with the freshest ingredients and a blend of spices that is unique to Bangladesh. Every meal is cooked using our homely style and served with our renowned hospitality to make your dining experience as enjoyable and memorable as possible.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Absolute commitment to the very best ingredients, quality front of house and without saying a fantastic range of dishes. Just need to match it all with some genuine Indian deserts.

We have tried all the other Indians and Spice continues to set the standards.

We even suffered a total power cut during our meal, but the owner and staff were amazing and ensured everything was done to keep us all happy.

Well done again.

2  Thank idcltd

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Went here Saturday night had a fabulous time food was amazing highly recommend. staff very friendly and attentive

3  Thank lesley a
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I went to this restaurant on a Saturday evening with friends. It was very busy, so it is clearly very popular with the locals - but that does mean it can be a bit noisy, so if you're after a quiet meal, try it on a less busy day. The food is fabulous. Sadly we didn't have starters (I would have liked to try the Tandoori Trout) but went straight to mains. I had the Lamb Noorjahani, a medium-spiced dish which was delicious. Others had the Tandoori Mixed Grill, which looked good for anyone with an appetite, and the (mild) Chicken Kashmiri. We had a few vegetables, rice dishes and naans, all of which were excellent. We did not have dessert, which was the standard pre-prepared offering. A Chilean red went very well with the lamb. Value was fine - fairly standard prices. Service was perfect - very friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended - if you don't mind the hubbub!

3  Thank Graham H
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having moved from owning a restaurant in Chorleywood, we know the owner well. Absolute commitment to the very best ingredients, quality front of house and without saying fantastic range of dishes.
Just need to match it all with some genuine Indian desserts and ditch the frozen ice creams from the photo desert menus.

4  Thank idcltd
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I decided to try spice following a recommendation from a work colleague.After then reading all of these reviews, decided to try it. I am really glad I did. On Friday, I ordered a meal, but I didn't have a menu so I rang up clueless with what to have. I explained to the girl who answered the phone that I wasn't sure what to have. She actually asked me what sort of things I like to eat. Whether spicy etc, and she made a few recommendations for me and my partner who is dairy intolerant. I felt a bit silly to take up so much time ordering, but I was soooooo soooooo pleased. What we had was indescribable. I couldn't explain how nice the food was. I've forgotten the name of the dish, but it was so nice. I really like the fact that this place took the time to cater for my individual palate.And the lady knew straight away what would be suitable for someone who is dairy intolerant. You don't get this service anywhere! When I turned up to collect, I received a humble greeting and a complimentary drink. Every member of staff seemed so friendly. This is what you expect from a good quality restaurant. I do eat in a lot of places, especially in the city, and the food and service was top notch! I will definitely be returning.

3  Thank gezzymatthews67