“STAY AWAY !!!!!!”
Review of Ash Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Ash Grill Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Ash Grill restaurant at The Shawlands has a open airy feel to it, with glass panels framing fantastic views of the clyde valley and surrounding countryside. The use of contrasting colours and neutral walls complete the vibrant atmosphere. Open all day from breakfast through to lunch and dinner and with a selection of lightbites and beverages the Ash Grill is a popular choice.If you have any special dietary requirements please ask as we will always do our best to accommodate.
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“STAY AWAY !!!!!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I took my partner for her birthday for dinner and was totally shocked ,first impressions good,then goes down hill.The restaurant staff need sacked to busy talking to each other,and the FOOD if that is what you could call it was disgusting and portion sizes are laughable.I wont return.

1 Thank jacqui t

South Lanarkshire
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We dined here on Sunday evening for my cousins birthday. Finally after 30 minutes a rather surley waitruss came and took our drinks order, then eventually a very nice waitress came to take our food order. Unfortunately, when the food did arrive it was luke warm and way over priced, especially the beef and yorkshire pudding meal!!!

This was a very disappointing evening but we didn't want to make a fuss at the time and spoil my cousins day, they had travelled up from England that afternoon and it had been my decision to dine here, and to be very honest I was embarrased.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jules2511
Larkhall, United Kingdom
“first class”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

i went to the ash grill with doubts to wether i would enjoy it as i had mixed feed back as we had not been out for a while and i wanted a good evening, but i am glad i went the meal was exellent the staff were polite and helpful my partner and i both had steaks they were both cooked the way we liked them and we enjoyed both our starter and main meal , the only thing we thought was that as my partner and brother had breaded mushrooms to start they said a few more would not have went a miss but the whole meal was really good and it was good value would and will definetly be back and will recommend.

• Visited March 2012
“New owner doing well, staff better, food needs consistancy”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I was not looking forward to going to the Shawlands last night as its usually rotten and the staff dont care, however the new owner must be doing something right because the service was 100 times better than usual, i could tell the min i walked thru the door something had changed, the staff were smiling at me, and making sure nothing was too much trouble. Now, im not saying its there yet with the service but if u know how bad this place was you will know that any improvement is monumental. A few fundemental things still wrong, a staff member ignoring us when we said excuse me, and he clearly heard as he looked over, then looked away, our sauces took ages to come, folk were half finished and my aunt had completly finished her fish n chips before she got tartare sauce, why not put it on the plate? But overall, much better. We had a table of 9 adults and i think the kitchen struggled to get the timing right. Both steaks were overcooked and not medium by any stretch of the imagination, however i sent mine back and even tho everyone else had finished their meal by the time i got it back i am delighted to tell you my undercooked enemic chips had tranformed into tasty brown ones and my steak was perfectly medium and one to rival some of the nicest steaks i have had, also the staff told me they would take it off the bill, needless to say i was delighted, well done Shawlands for getting it right when u got it wrong, but it was obvious the chef is capable, but letting stuff out the kitchen under/overcooked will be wasting money when its sent back, not to mention unhappy customers, my advice is get someone at that pass and dont let it out to start with, thats whats missing. Will i be back? I will now, hope to see a further transformation next time!

SCOTLAND
“Yuk”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Poor food. Dried up meats had been under the lights for a long while. Expensive for what it is. Heard it's got a new owner but reluctant to go again as nothing seems to look any different.

kevhew, Owner at Ash Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
As the new owner of the Shawlands Park Hotel since January 2012, I am certainly concerned about your review from later that month.

While it takes time to improve, we are working throughout the Hotel to raise standard of surroundings within both bedrooms and dining areas. Introducing a new chef very recently, we are improving our food service and as always our aim is to meet the requirements of guests via excellent customer service.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel when you will hopefully enjoy your experience, our new chef has a new menu to introduce and we have many new ideas for a positive, bright future for the Shawlands and Ash Grill.

Any comments to rkyle@lochside-hotel.com