“excellent location and setting for any occasion”
Review of Radstone Hotel

Radstone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larkhall
airdrie
“excellent location and setting for any occasion”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We stayed in the hotel and found the staff, surroundings and foods all to be first class. Look out for the weekends coming up with entertainment and the Sunday lunch great value for money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
UK
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Was a little nervous having read the reviews, but this is a nice hotel in a good location. the staff were incredibly friendly and the overall experience was positive

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
lancashire
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed at the Shawlands for three nights and it was great the manager Susan could not be any better customer service it was brilliant having had a bad experience at a near by hotel we explained our situation and she did every thing possible for us even giving us a complimentary dinner the reception staff was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for any off the staff will be going back again and again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Glasgow
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We checked into one of the premier suites to be overwhelmed with the spacous room and the patio doors in the room made it feel so relaxing and comfortable. We dined in the hotel restaurant which was a very vibrate and a buzzing place, there was a lot of customers which I dont think were residents so Im guessing the locals love it. The food was great especially the Haggis Fritters, excellent portion to start with. My daughter was given colouring in while we waited on our main course which helped keep her occupied. Staff were friendly and attended to our needs. We moved up to the foyer area for another drink which was nice as the area is a very large space with background music and appropriate lighting for the evening. Overall enjoyed our stay thanks to a friend recommending the hotel as previously I had never heard of it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Glenrothes
Reviewed January 29, 2009

I stayed at the Shawlands Park after it was recommended to me by a friend and colleague who had held her wedding there.

Myself and my partner booked one of the new suites for a romantic weekend and we weren't disappointed.

We had a very warm welcome at the reception while booking in, despite the area being extremely busy at the time due to people arriving for one of the Christmas party nights.

Our room was stunning - very clean and airy with comfortable furniture (the bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever slept in!) and we found the decor very much to our taste; modern luxury.

Myself and my partner had dinner both nights of our stay at the Ash Grill restaurant and found our meals were delicious on both occasions. We both had Fillet Steak on our first evening, cooked to perfection as we had requested one medium and one medium well done. On our second evening I had the Thai Green Curry and my partner had Chicken with Haggis - both were to die for! Despite previous reviews about the quality of the restaurant and its staff, we found these to be completely unfounded as the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and attentive and the general service was very good.
We also had a drink after our meal in the bar next to reception (foyer bar) which was very relaxing in extremely nice surroundings.

All in all, I would recommend the Shawlands very highly and will definitely be returning for another stay.

• Liked — Luxurious surroundings & good food
  • Disliked — Rural location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed October 28, 2008

I was booked into this hotel by my work. The place on the outside was very deceptive, looked modern and promising. Unfortunately it was dirty, smelly and unfriendly.

The "welcome" was quite non existent and the room I was given was a disabled room with no bath so I asked if they had anything else.

I was told that the only room left was one without a tv, so I asked if my colleague had checked in yet and if he had a bath could I swap (I knew he wouldnt mind). What a mistake that was! Although it had a bath it was also a smoking room (which I wasnt told) smelled disgusting and the room was not clean at all.

There were hairs in the bath, mould on the tiles and dust on the furniture.

Having had the window open all evening trying to air the room, when I went to bed I found that I couldnt shut the window as it had swollen over time. Facing the main road and being over the outdooor smoking area you can imagine what kind of night I had.

The restaurant experience was just as bad, looked initially promising with the modern decor. Service was very slow and unfriendly (bar one waitress) even though they were not busy. The order was wrong, the food was awful and the staff did not seem to care whether you enjoyed or not. The breakfast was not much better (although the waitress was nice) not much food laid out and when it did arrive it was not very nice.

I had to have dinner 2 nights running as my firm had prepaid, 2nd time round was just as bad - the "cajun" chicken was doused in mixed herbs, nothing cajun about it and was disgusting, no one asked if there was a problem though when it went back uneaten. Also the price of my fresh orange and soda was a disgrace, would have been cheaper to have wine!

My colleagues and boss felt the same and we left a comments card, but unsurprisingly have not heard anything.

DO NOT stay here!

• Liked — Leaving it
  • Disliked — Lack of basic cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank islay999
Scotland
Reviewed October 17, 2008

If I had read the previous review I would never had the unpleasant stay I had at this hotel!

The hotel isvery decieveing from the outside as is the website !

Big modern hotel which to me is an upmarket Travelodge but the service and atmosphere at a Travelodge is far superior!

The welcome at reception is non existent - no pleasantries or even a smile - maybe too "cool" to serve customers. receptionist just sits there and you have to be a mind reader what to do next. She is also too busy answering the other telephones which constantly ring.

I stayed in Premium room which is one of the newly refurbished rooms - no bath, not wireless broadband - but if you stay in a standard non refurbished you can have a bath and get wireless broadband!

Work that one out?! WHen I asked the 2 females and 1 man behind reception all kind of shrugged their shoulders and smirked!!

In the bar at night you have to go to the restaurant to ask someone to serve you a drink.

Soulless and the staff need to go on the "welcome host" course immediately.

I got a better "good morning and bigger smile" from the cleaner in the morning than anyone in the front of house.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank missattention2detail
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larkhall
New Lanark Mill Hotel
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel
Avonbridge Hotel
Avonbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Hamilton

Been to Radstone Hotel? Share your experiences!