“Excellent value, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Radstone Hotel

Radstone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larkhall
Scotland
“Excellent value, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on the way to Glasgow. I have driven by this hotel several times and thought it looked nice so decided to stay.
Glad I did!
My wife and I really enjoyed our night. This is a pretty new, modern hotel. Clean, comfortable, warm , friendly staff. Excellent food. Great value. Will definitely return.
Only 20 minutes from glasgow

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank borak
Dear Guest

We are pleased to hear that you and your wife had an excellent overall experience with us.
We always aim to put our customers first and we are glad that you have decided to return in the future.

We hope to see you soon.

R Kyle - Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

3rd time I've had to stay in this hotel (always at short notice somehow). The rooms are ultra modern., spotless ( TV could do with sky sports). Reception area very welcoming. Staff are very attentive & friendly. Breakfast is freshly cooked @ well presented. I would certainly recommend this place. Excellent value for money.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Stash62
Dear Guest

Firstly we are happy that you have came back to the hotel for the third time to stay with us.
I am glad that you find the design and cleanliness of our rooms of a high standard that you would expect. We will take into consideration getting sky sports into the rooms for all you sports fans, however we do play all major games and events in the foyer area.

It is great to hear that the staff were attentive and friendly towards you and that your breakfast (most important meal of the day) was most enjoyable, making your stay more pleasurable.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Lanark, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just returned from having our New Years dinner was also there on Christmas Day in the ash grill there was 6 of us there today and 10 on Christmas Day the food was fantastic service was fantastic can't say anything negative about the play would definitely go again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine B
Robert K, Owner at Radstone Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Happy new year to you Elaine.

I am happy to hear that you had such a successful dining experience with us, especially when you enjoyed the food and service so much.

We realise that christmas and new year is an important time when families get together for a special meal and we are glad that we met all of your needs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

After many of pleasant visits before I decided to take my mum here for dinner on New Year's Day, we were very impressed (as I expected) I had the tomato and basil risotto balls and my mum had the pate for starter, my mum aphid steak pie and I had the chargrilled chicken for main (everything cooked to perfection and potatoes beautifully buttered as described in menu) and my mum had profiteroles and I had bannoffee cheesecake for desert, every meal was wonderfully presented and full of flavour. I think the restaurant had very few tables to spare as it was so mobbed however this did not affect the speed of our meals, there was perfect timing between meals. All staff were very friendly and attentive.

This restaurant is ideal for all visit types, I have been with my partner (couple), for my birthday (friends/family/occasion) and with family on many occasions. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any visit type.

Overall, food and service was brilliant and the restaurant was lovely decorated and clean.

I will definitely go back after many of pleasant visits I have had.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly-Marie S
Hello Kelly-Marie

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful New Year's day dinner with us. Also I am happy that we have successfully met your expectations.

We endeavour to present all of our guests with fantastic food, and I am glad we did just that for you and your family.

We are currently undergoing renovations in the restaurant. This will freshen up the feel and atmosphere and hopefully heighten your experience with us in the future.

Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Ayr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Spent New Years Eve at the hotel. What a fantastic night, food was amazing and the entertainment first class!

Staff very friendly and they couldn't have been more attentive catering for my coeliac disease.

Will Definitely go back!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JenniferR1175
Hello Jennifer.

Delighted to hear that you had such a fantastic hogmanay with us, especially when our staff are taking extra care of your specific needs.

Pleased to hear that you will be coming back to see us.

Have a great 2014.

.Musselburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just arrived home after overnight stay after the Hogmany Ball,my wife and myself loved this hotel and thought it great value for what we got.All the staff should get a special mention as this was a busy night and we thought everyone of them done exceptionally well.The 5 course meal was superb and it was served to perfection.The band House Arrest where brilliant and played a good mix of music.Our suite was unbelievable,just wished we could have stayed another night to appreciate it.We will be back for sure maybe for one of the tribute nights which we where informed by one of the friendly staff.All in all a great place to stay and great for a party..

Room Tip: Choose a suite
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank STU07_11
Robert K, Owner at Radstone Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello Stuart, thank you for your review. We are extremely happy that you found our hotel of high standard and good value.

We take all our reviews to heart, especially if you are mentioning the performance of our staff.

Glad to hear you are thinking about coming back to one of our fantastic tribute nights, which always go down a storm. Be sure to book in advance as tickets are very popular.

Thank you and hope to see you again soon.

R.Kyle - Proprietor
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Spent an overnight recently and we were disappointed with the standard of the accommodation. We were unable to shower properly due the fact that the shower head would not sit in the attachment - we ended up holding the shower head. The base of the shower cubicle also had 'mould' around the base. The washhand basin, at some stage had been broken - a large piece of the unit had been 'glued' back into place. For a reasonably new/refurbished hotel we found this incredible.
Breakfast buffet was 'average' at best. Good selection of cereals and fruit juice but cooked food was not warm.
Staff were helpful and attentive and the entertainment was enjoyable.
Undecided whether we would have a return visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScotlandRosslea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larkhall
New Lanark Mill Hotel
Dalziel Park Hotel & Golf Club
Avonbridge Hotel
Avonbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Hamilton

Been to Radstone Hotel? Share your experiences!