The Mash Tun
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$250
$147
$122
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
$80
$163
Dowans Hotel(Aberlour)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubthe riveraberlour distilleryglenlivet roomtop floorgreat stopthe main streetwhisky trailb bgreat foodwell worth a visitfirst rateeach morningwaiting staffburgerevening mealbooked a table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent a night here as recommended by a friend. The room McCallan was very quaint and comfy and had everything we needed. This room has 2 single beds and not a double. The only issue was that although they advertise as having wi fi I could not log in. I even found that I could not access my own 3G Internet service. The staff were very friendly and attentive. We had dinner in the whiskey bar below (bookings recommended) The food was very nice as was the atmosphere. Breakfast in the whiskey bar was included. We were the first in for breakfast and they must have got the orders mixed up as a number of guests that came in after us got served first. This meant although we went to breakfast early we had to rush our food to get to our tour we had booked for the morning. These things happen. Although a little pricey I would definitely go again

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mezdavies
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely room overlooking the river. Great food and the perfect location if doing the Speyside Way as well as being very close to Aberlour Distillery. The room had slippers and dressing gowns which made it extra cosy.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I normally check tripadvisor before booking anything, however did not do so before booking the Mash Tun! My advice check tripadvisor first. I've now read the newest reviews and my husband and I did not have the same experience! We had a very lukewarm welcome which didn't give us a good first impression!
I booked the Aberlour suite the most expensive room and whilst I have to say it was an imaculate room, there was no view of river except from the bathroom and toilet was right by the window! Unfortunately we didn't get to taste the meals in the evening, we were hopeful breakfast would be good. Breakfast was ok though a bit bland. It is a great whiskey bar and very near to the beautiful River Spey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My room (Glenlivet) was just beautiful! Views across the Spey, Victorian roll top bath and power shower and lovely toiletries. I slept very soundly. We ate in the bar and it was atmospheric, lively and a really nice place to try whisky for the first time. I was taken thought the extensive menu and recommended a few to try. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and I'd love to stay here again when not travelling with work, to actually explore the pretty town of Aberlour.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I found this pub inn by searching for old pub inns in Scotland. The location is in this very small town and is located in an alley way that leads to a beautiful park with a river. The service was great and the staff is very friendly. The food was amazing and so were the drinks! There are only 5 rooms available (that's how small it is) and if you are lucky enough to get one, you will find that the rooms are very comfortable and warming. All around, it was a great value for money.

Suggestions - Stay a couple nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple