The Mash Tun
$239
$100
$128
$118
Premier Inn Elgin Hotel(Elgin)(Great Value!)
$83
PremierInn.com
$169
$155
$161
$152
All reviewsthe pubthe riveraberlour distilleryglenlivet roomtop floorgreat stopthe main streetwhisky trailgreat foodwell worth a visitfirst rateeach morningwaiting staffburgerevening mealbooked a tablesmall place
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My room (Glenlivet) was just beautiful! Views across the Spey, Victorian roll top bath and power shower and lovely toiletries. I slept very soundly. We ate in the bar and it was atmospheric, lively and a really nice place to try whisky for the first time. I was taken thought the extensive menu and recommended a few to try. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and I'd love to stay here again when not travelling with work, to actually explore the pretty town of Aberlour.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I found this pub inn by searching for old pub inns in Scotland. The location is in this very small town and is located in an alley way that leads to a beautiful park with a river. The service was great and the staff is very friendly. The food was amazing and so were the drinks! There are only 5 rooms available (that's how small it is) and if you are lucky enough to get one, you will find that the rooms are very comfortable and warming. All around, it was a great value for money.

Suggestions - Stay a couple nights.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mash Tun for 3 mights in July 2013, we had 2 nights in the Glenlivet suite and 1 night in Glenfarclas.

This place was suggested to us by a colleague so we had high expectations and we were not disappointed.

Both the rooms we had very a good size, clean and very comfortable. They both had Saniflow type drainage systems which are quite noisy but I guess it isn't unreasonable to expect some quirkly plumbing in such an old building.

We ate in the Mash Tun the first two nights we were in Aberlour and were both impressed with the quality of the food. The falafel come highly recommended as does the burger. The range of whisky is very large and I was really pleased to get the opportunity to try a few that I had been wanting to try for quite some time.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and a great way to start the day.

As it was very hot whilst we were there the rooms were quite stuffy, the Glenfarclas in particular as one of the windows didn't open but knowing what the weather is normally like in that part of the world it wouldn't normally have been a problem.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at the Mash Tun for two nights in the Aberlour Suite in early July and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The accomodation was very spacious with an extra seating area to relax and unwind in each evening. The room was comfortable and clean and shortbread, water and hot beverages were complimentary each day - I nice treat for my shortbread loving husband! The staff were extremely helpful with tips of what there was to do and see nearby. The restaurant was also the most happening place in town - make reservations early so as not to be disappointed. I have celiacs disease and am vegetarian and emailed Karen in advance to let her know. On both nights I was provided with a delicious meal that met my dietary requirements. Breakfast was served between 8 and 9 and included cold and hot items - it was delicious both mornings and provided much needed energy for the plenty of hiking trails and distillaries we visited nearby. Highly recommended as a central location on the whisky trail with superb service and food!

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed Two nights with another couple. Very friendly welcome and outstanding atmosphere and good food. Advance reservation on the restaurant is strongly recommended as other local options are scarce and the tables fill up quickly

• Stayed: June 2013