“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the moment you enter this pub the atmosphere is warm and friendly, very well laid out; the whiskey display also makes for a good centre piece.

The staff are warm and friendly, the service was speedy and the food excellent. One thing I liked was the acceptance of the staff to 'alter' items on the menu to cater for my picky requirements. For example I wanted the Brie and cranberry baguette but I wanted bacon adding to this which was no problem at all.

The other real bonus for me is the fact dogs are allowed in too!!! Other establishments should really learn from this and remove the 'No dogs except guide dogs' stickers which festoon too many places in the UK. The advantage here is that I can walk my hound on one of the many local walks before dropping in on my way home for a snack and drink without having to leave my hound in the car.

Many thanks for an excellent visit, see you again soon Mash Tun.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our visit to the mash tun very much. The food was interesting and of good quality. It was by far the best place to eat we found in the area and would recommend it to others. The haggis, mushroom and chorizo starter was amazing!

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We were in the restaurant at 1 p.m. and ordered food for everyone. Food itself was good, but certainly not excellent. However, discussing about teen-related things between two waitresses was apparently more important than serving a check.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was delicious and offered everything from steak and chips to smoked salmon with black pudding. The Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert was Excellent!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Ate at the Mash Tun our one day in Aberlour. Reservations are advised as they were turning folks away at the door. As the night was wet and drizzly I was glad we'd called ahead. The food was good - mostly pub grub, but tasty and done right. The staff were attentive and friendly, and as they were quite busy, this was a good gauge. Enjoyed several pints of great real ale. We didn't have the whisky, but the table across from us was doing in-depth research and having a great time! The Mash Tun feels like an Aberlour tradition and I would highly recommend a meal and libation here, just be sure to call ahead for reservations!